Author Topic: Corona Render - select files from AC library  (Read 1991 times)

2020-01-19, 21:19:34

insightreid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
When creating a Corona material, is there a way to select image files directly from the linked or embedded ArchiCAD library, rather than using the file manager to search for a file?
I'm having the issue where any files selected for a Corona material are detected as 'missing' by the AC library manager, even when they are in the same location as linked library.
I believe it is because the files were selected individually, rather than from the library.
This is also the same for hdris, basically any element that opens the file manager as a prompt to select a file.

For reference, when you try to add an image to a cinerender material it opens the 'Load Image from Library' dialog box - image attached for reference.
From here you can either select an image from a linked library, or select 'Add' which opens the file manager, and any file selected is then added to the embedded library.

Any advice appreciated, thanks

2020-01-20, 09:12:03
Reply #1

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Hi and thanks for report.
We are aware of this issue and this functionality will be implemented (it's pretty high in the priority list). The file loading workflow will be replaced with the one you mentioned.
Thanks for your patience.

2020-01-20, 20:27:51
Reply #2

insightreid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply, I wasn't sure if I had just missed an alternative workflow. Keep up the good work!