Author Topic: best mouse for 3ds MAX  (Read 39233 times)

2018-06-27, 18:17:54
Reply #15

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Woah, I never knew vertical mouses (mice?) existed, but I just realized I always dreamed of one!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-06-27, 23:12:18
Reply #16

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
we always call them mouses in the office, for some reason mice doesnt seem right!

2018-07-16, 19:48:02
Reply #17

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
I use a Wacom tablet (intuos 3- had it for a long timel) most of the time. I am not sure whether that's better than a mouse in terms of wrist and arm movement. but with it, u tend to work faster.

2018-07-19, 12:16:26
Reply #18

jrgby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Evoluent vertical mouse is brilliant, takes a few days to get used to but is so much easier on the wrist.

It also has a dedicated middle mouse button in addition to the scroll wheel, which is miles better for panning the viewport.

Not cheap.

2018-07-19, 13:13:43
Reply #19

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Interesting to see that alot of users use a vertical mouse, never thought about that. Also the ability to have a dedicated middle mouse button makes it even more interesting! I will dive into those for sure now. Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.

2018-07-19, 13:34:53
Reply #20

NikaNikitina

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
A vertical mouse is a godsend for avoiding carpal tunnel or for working if you've already got it. Puts your wrist into a neutral position. I personally use Evoluent. Something to keep in mind with a vertical that you don't quite need to consider with a regular is sizing. Take the time to measure yourself for the right one according to the manufacturer.

2018-11-24, 08:25:45
Reply #21

techguy

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi fellazb,
I think you use Horizontal Mouse, It creates problem if you use it for a long time. Dont use Horizontal Mouse. Use Vertical Mouse, It will help you a lot.  I had purchased Vertical Mouse for my 3ds MAX. I am not feeling pain in my right shoulder. My fingers are relax and there is no pain even in my wrist.

In start, using Vertical Mouse, You will feel different as you are shifting from Horizontal to Vertical Mouse but in next 5 to 10 minutes you will be familiar with it. You can also watch videos that how to use vertical mouse

2018-11-26, 10:30:30
Reply #22

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
also been using an evoluent vertical mouse for about 3 years. Probably about half the office use them now.
Using the classic gaming mouse at home, but at work I have been infected with our office's vertical mouse fanfare.
It is definitely something I recommend for long monotonous sessions, certainly more comfy.
Doesn't matter which manufacturer or model, the vertical nature alone makes quite the difference.

edit:
In start, using Vertical Mouse
haha, just read this after posting.
Apparently this is some universal consensus among 3D package users...
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2018-11-26, 12:18:39
Reply #23

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
For those who would like more mainstream quality, Logitech already makes vertical version of their MX flagship model. It's less alien.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-11-26, 12:28:55
Reply #24

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
In all reviews it is praised as probably the best vertical mouse and it looks very good, but the price... in my country it is close to €150. I can't justify such money for a product that will last two years at best. On the other hand, i've read that for those who have wrist pain, vertical mouse doesn't really help - it just relocates pain to another area. Luckily i don't have problems with pain... yet.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-11-26, 13:01:52
Reply #25

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yes Logitech is super expensive. And it has uncanny "feature" of stopping functioning eventually, I used to replace Performance MX every six months once...

I've been testing for past year and half instead this: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/mice/sculpt-ergonomic-mouse/l6v-00001

It's something of in-between, not quite vertical, though highly angled and it forces your wrist to be elevated, which I consider the more important part of equation, this should avoid the pain relocating to further up.
I used to have terrible pain, couldn't work every third day. That is all gone, though this mouse requires bit of an effort to use eschewing some comfort.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-11-28, 11:22:00
Reply #26

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
in my country it is close to €150.
Company Anker makes cheap Vertical mice.
It's what our office has usually in stock
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2018-11-28, 11:28:22
Reply #27

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Well, i saw a €12 vertical mouse in my local shop, but the question is - is it any good? Choosing good mouse is a lot more than choosing between traditional or vertical. It can have best ergonomical shape in the world, but it still would be useless if everything else is crap. Could you share your experience about that Anker mouse?
« Last Edit: 2018-11-28, 14:11:29 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-11-28, 13:21:16
Reply #28

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I posted about this on my FB a while ago but in case anyone uses Zowie mice, or any other high-polling-rate mice, if the polling rate is too high then it can make max's viewport navigation really choppy and sluggish. dropping the mouse's polling rate a bit fixes the issue. Just a heads-up.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-11-28, 15:54:42
Reply #29

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I've been testing for past year and half instead this: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/mice/sculpt-ergonomic-mouse/l6v-00001

Testing for 1.5 years? It sounds you're not too happy with it, no?