Author Topic: Will the new standalone give some life to the Blender integration?  (Read 76716 times)

2016-11-19, 03:29:56
Reply #75

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
No I haven't figured out the right light mix parameters just yet maybe the end of next week

2016-11-21, 09:59:38
Reply #76

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My sample scene is going very well so far, actually almost finish...

Some wishes and questions also  may be help you to plan your priorities:

1. I wish to use some nodes especially color correction, bump map node, normal bump map node etc.  If I changed Corona mat to node, bump intensity is missing. Bump node and some cyclelish math nodes might be help. I think they would be implemented over time.

2. What about Corona displacement, couldn't find it under modifiers. How can i solve displacement problem for now? Any idea?

Overall, good to feel Corona's power with Blender and I wish other Blender users support this topic. Come on guys, Corona rocks!  And I've still  hope Corona devs support Blender addon developer officially...

2016-11-21, 10:12:16
Reply #77

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My sample scene is going very well so far, actually almost finish...

Some wishes and questions also  may be help you to plan your priorities:

1. I wish to use some nodes especially color correction, bump map node, normal bump map node etc.  If I changed Corona mat to node, bump intensity is missing. Bump node and some cyclelish math nodes might be help. I think they would be implemented over time.

2. What about Corona displacement, couldn't find it under modifiers. How can i solve displacement problem for now? Any idea?

Overall, good to feel Corona's power with Blender and I wish other Blender users support this topic. Come on guys, Corona rocks!  And I've still  hope Corona devs support Blender addon developer officially...

1.The nodes that are there are all the control that I have, there is a math node already though it doesn't have quite the same options as cycles.  Any more options will need to be raised with the corona Devs.

2. Corona uses adaptive displacement based on pixel sizes by default, so you add in the bump/displacement map then in the render settings adjust the displacement parameters.

Thanks for the suggestions though keep them going.

2016-11-22, 01:00:34
Reply #78

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
bump intensity is missing.

I just had another look and it is missing from the texture node along with some other parameters!  Will do another release probably later today.

2016-11-22, 07:01:42
Reply #79

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-11-22, 08:53:25
Reply #80

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
2.2.0 has now been released and includes the bump strength and gamma for texture nodes

2016-11-24, 18:50:20
Reply #81

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
An exterior test... not perfect yet but @blanchg's hardwork on the exporter shows and of course of Ondra and team's effort
on the Standalone version.
"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-11-24, 19:48:01
Reply #82

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your test. Good enough to ask my question :D

How did you managed to adjust/set HDR map's  intensity?

Actually my interior test is almost finished. I noticed some "things" might be bug or something else that I didn't manage to solve...

1. When I select corona engine, physics tab of blender is dissappearing... 
2. Is there any poly count limitation on current corona alpha version. Didn't let me add some intense geometry like blanked and pillows?
3. I think corona's current alpha standalone version is using different antialiasing method than max version. Edge of objects are not clear as max one..
4. Bump is little weird. Trying to use to it..

Overall thank you for your hard work.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-24, 20:05:04 by warlock »

2016-11-24, 20:52:31
Reply #83

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@jKLman nice work!

@warlock
For HDR intensity will a Tone Map node work for you or the recently added gamma?

1. I see the physics tab still (though haven't used it with corona though yet)
2. There probably isn't a hard limit but very complex objects might not export correctly, try using/not using the binary object export option on the Render tab
3. Does the 3dsmax use some denoise by default?  The blender denoise default is fireflies only and fairly low strength.  AntiAliasing is turned on, the "path samples" under sampling is called giToAaRatio so increasing/decreasing that value will likely have an effect
4. Not sure what I can do to improve this.

Examples are on the overview page of some of these features in action: https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona

2016-11-25, 11:45:12
Reply #84

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your valuable answers blanchg... New "big preview window" is awesome!

I've just finished my interior test scene (will be uploaded here soon) and I want to share my final toughts about current "corona standalone alpha" version and "blender exporter."..

1. Yes exporter is geometry sensitive. Especially dense objects like blankets, pillows etc... Most dangerous situation, didn't see on current version of Vray standalone. We must be very careful for this, most annoying thing for an artist. I tried both mesh import methods (binary as well)  don't work on some models. I take windows error for corona and corona stops rendering.

2. Mesh based lighting.  It works surprisingly good but, include/exclude objects from specific lights and for more advanced setups, we need real lights like max version of Corona... And need options for visibility (might be nodes like cycles or under objects setup)  for diffuse, specular, reflection, refraction  etc..

3. Corona light material doesn't work well with textures. I need independent self illumination slot for corona material that doesn't effect lighting calculations. Only for realistic results.

4. I need environment map  light  multiplier option asap :D Gamma is for different purposes... I couldn't convert it to nodes...

5. We need some handy nodes like Cycles'. Output, color correction, math nodes(same ui would be good) and other Cycle nodes would be good for Corona standalone.

6. Lightmix for us would be awesome asap :D

Overall, this was interesting for me. Feeling power of Corona on Blender makes me smile.  Corona team have unique ideas would make Corona for Blender unbeatable...

Blender users waiting for denoiser for Cycles.  Cycles is a total package, needs only an effective denoiser implementation. Corona will be very good alternative to Vray and especially to Cycles!

Thank you guys for your hard work and waiting for new release(s)to test and be quick for final release please ;)

« Last Edit: 2016-11-26, 11:27:10 by warlock »

2016-11-27, 23:48:33
Reply #85

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice work @warlock!

1. Do you have an example extracted portion of your scene or some specifics, I would like to see why it fails, either memory or bug in the exporter, I don't know of any hard limits and would be nice to provide some details even if it can't be fixed.

2. Light visibility can be controlled on more of a global level with opacity (it will still show up in reflections) and combing that with the Ray Switcher node you can control reflect, refract, direct light paths.  I don't know if there is a way to make lights affect only certain objects off the top of my head, but if you could export a scene from max that does this so I can see the node setup that would help.

3. If you can provide a max exported scene that does what you want I can see how this would work in blender.

4. This is something I think I can do.... give me a day or two to work it out I might be able to link the nodes to this.

5. I can't create node types, I can only provide the nodes that corona exports see https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone for the doco on the node types (if anything is missing that you need I can add it)

6. An example exported from max would be nice so I can work this out quicker too!

If you can get me some of these samples it will help me implement some of these faster.  I will raise issues for most of these at https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona/issues?status=new&status=open so that example files can be uploaded and we can track them.

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

2016-11-28, 16:47:26
Reply #86

morozane

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your incradible work @blanchg!

Here's an interior test i'v just render using corona exporter.

One problem i'v faced: can't use opacity maps. It's produce an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine.py", line 353, in render
    render_start( self, scene)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine.py", line 38, in render_start
    render_scene( engine, scene)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine.py", line 189, in render_scene
    bpy.ops.corona.export_mat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 189, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\operators\export.py", line 118, in execute
    write_mtl( root, default_mat, mat, None, mtl_mat_name, True)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\outputs.py", line 261, in write_mtl
    addTexture(xml_opacity, crn_mat.map_opacity)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\outputs.py", line 13, in addTexture
    xml_tone = SubElement(target, 'map')
TypeError: must be xml.etree.ElementTree.Element, not str

What am i doing wrong?

EDIT:
When i create a material via the node editor, everything OK. the problem is just when i'm trying to use opacity map via the properties panel.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-28, 16:55:05 by morozane »

2016-11-28, 16:59:21
Reply #87

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your incradible work @blanchg!

Here's an interior test i'v just render using corona exporter.

One problem i'v faced: can't use opacity maps. It's produce an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine.py", line 353, in render
    render_start( self, scene)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine.py", line 38, in render_start
    render_scene( engine, scene)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine.py", line 189, in render_scene
    bpy.ops.corona.export_mat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 189, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\operators\export.py", line 118, in execute
    write_mtl( root, default_mat, mat, None, mtl_mat_name, True)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\outputs.py", line 261, in write_mtl
    addTexture(xml_opacity, crn_mat.map_opacity)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\render_corona\outputs.py", line 13, in addTexture
    xml_tone = SubElement(target, 'map')
TypeError: must be xml.etree.ElementTree.Element, not str

What am i doing wrong?

EDIT:
When i create a material via the node editor, everything OK. the problem is just when i'm trying to use opacity map via the properties panel.

I suppose to report this too. But opacity is working using material node/ texture node system.
Thanks for the environment map intensity - control - now its working with the HRDI maps.
"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-11-28, 17:16:26
Reply #88

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Wow..nice work, blanchg. Thanks for continuing with this :)

Any support for light include/exclude objects for corona light material node since corona does not support blender lights?

2016-11-28, 22:14:27
Reply #89

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@morozane nice scene!

Any support for light include/exclude objects for corona light material node since corona does not support blender lights?

I have an issue for this https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona/issues/41/object-specific-lights, what will help me develop this is a scene that does this in max and exported to standalone so that I can see the node setup that Corona expects