Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

highlight specu

(1/3) > >>

lightingparty:
Hi,
i'm trying exterior render because i see a lot of interior renders with corona (which are fantastic).
i have a little problem with highlight specular reflection:
http://www.lightingparty.com/eric/highlight.jpg
the only way is to wait a long time in rendering to have a good antialiasing in highlight.
corona is very fast and It's sad to wait to wait along time only for good aliasing in highlight
is there an other way ?
thanks for this render engine which is for me the perfect one! i would like to finish this picture the next week and maybe it could be possible to have a daily buid to make some other test and also to finally suppress vray !
best regards
eric

Ondra:
looks like problem with color mapping, try increasing the highlight burn in postprocessing rollout

lightingparty:
when increase highlight compression i also loose global contrast and this is not what i want. for exemple if i put  a value of 5, i loose too much color and contrast in the sky ... there's some tips in vray to avoid this kind of highlight but of course it's not perfect too...

Ludvik Koutny:
You can lower PT samples to focus more sampling into AA.

lightingparty:
thanks for your answers.
i tried that and it's a little bit better, but i made other tests and the only way i found was to use hdri in old style : 1 map in environment, 1 sun (reflection off), and one map in reflection environment (with clamping).
this is exactly the same problem in vray in highlight reflection. In vray there are two option (one is to use subpixel mapping + clamp) or a new option in vray 3.
i think it's could be nice to have something similar in corona because it's terrible to wait render just for specular problem.
I don't want to criticize corona because i know that's what you want is to have the more realistic image. But  i'm not sure we would have these kind of highlights in real world. of course If we made a photo of this scene, we would have lens and glow effect in highlight, buti i think highlights are a little bit to high generally in corona even if reflection are not very high in materials.
i did the same test with vray and the options i mentioned.(exactly the same problem than corona but with the little help of subpixel and clamp it becomes more cleaner and faster.
http://www.lightingparty.com/eric/highlight2.jpg)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version