Author Topic: Atrium  (Read 2382 times)

2019-03-27, 21:18:25

d.sign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Images done for office building project, multi-level atrium space with bridges connecting spaces around the void. Some light and material studies...

2019-03-29, 10:31:54
Reply #1

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there.
Love the images especially the last one.  Could you share how you modeled the wavy vertical panels?
Thanks
Alex

2019-03-29, 11:07:16
Reply #2

d.sign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Alex! Yes, well roughly process for modeling was to make the straight vertical pieces (planar). Than cut them so there is enough segments in height to perform this waves afterwards. Than I apply shell modifier with option to select outter faces. With edit poly I than go on working only on those outter faces (youc an even hide the rest of the polygons). Now, to those I apply wave modifier and play with it a bit. Than, the ripple modifier and also play with it (values, parameters, but also the position of the center of modifier, size of the modifier, etc).
Now, important thing is to make enough segments to make smooth look. Since I did not made it on time, I had to add some loop slices and to cut everything afterwards and to apply turbosmooth modifier... So, maybe would be smart to think in advance about this, make enough segments or make loops of edges that will trighten up mesh where needed for turbosmooth...
I hope this helps... If you want I can send uncolapsed mesh...

2019-03-29, 12:32:25
Reply #3

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks so much, it is quite elaborate.
I used to model each vertical element, unable to modify later.
If not to trouble you i would love the uncolllapsed mesh to better study it.

Thanks again

Havé à nice day

2019-03-29, 12:35:58
Reply #4

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey great space and interesting geometry
the top view one is for me the best.
I might want to add some wear to the materials, they all look pristine and just finished. Maybe add some wear like tiny scratches, dirt and glossiness maps to improve the realism.

Great job nonetheless

2019-03-29, 12:57:56
Reply #5

d.sign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks... yes some patina could add to realism for sure... Unfortunately, I had no time to further develop this... too many POVs, too many lighting posibilities and cilent went for more images instead on focusing on one or two and elaborate them further. It is the presentation of new building that is in construction phase now and for investors it is probably better to show it clean and new than a bit warned out anyway...

Ok, I attached the wave geometry uncolapsed...

2019-03-29, 15:57:41
Reply #6

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much, i really appreciate it.  I would have never guessed to use wave and ripple.
Huge help thanks again.
Here is my attempt a few projetcts ago.

Have a nice day and thanks again

alex