Author Topic: BenQ PD3200Q DesignVue 32 inch?  (Read 12753 times)

2019-06-21, 22:29:23

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone with experience with this monitor? BenQ PD3200Q DesignVue 32 inch
It only has 4 stars in Amazon so I'm kind of hesitant to buy it.

Thanks.

2019-06-21, 23:05:30
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Our tiny studio uses 6 BenQ PD3200U, the 4k version. I specifically chosen the cheaper PD version because of regular sRGB gamut. Until color management becomes better, I don't want wide-gamut, HDR capable monitor, it's only hassle..

Don't think of BenQ as cheap brand, they are basically the new Dell of mainstream/prosumer monitors. They're fantastic. Even their Pro Range (PV3200PT) is much better than Dell wide-gamut Ultrasharps ever were.
Everyone who doesn't want to pay for top level like NEC and EIZO (or some of those exotic micro-leds from Asus), BenQ is the second best choice. Great no-nonse build.

PD series are using IPS panels from LG, not AUO.

I would hesitate to suggest 2.5k resolution 4k monitor...those are already some very big pixels.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-06-22, 05:36:50
Reply #2

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
Our tiny studio uses 6 BenQ PD3200U, the 4k version

How is the scaling of font at 4k? On 2k my text feels a bit smaller, but not to the point where i need to increase the size of scaling.

I purchased the BenQ GW2765HT a couple months ago, on a tight budget this was one of the few Monitors that was 2k+ IPS under $300. Huge step up from my old Asus FHD TN panel 24" monitor. Sadly after 2 weeks i tried to wipe off what look to be an eyelash off the screen, only to find they were dead pixels. RMA'd it back to Newegg who refunded me the money since they no longer had it in stock. Manage to find it on Amazon for the same price but during the time difference amazon started charging taxes to most States in the US. Ended up paying about $30 (even had $20 in gift cards) more in the end but going back to my old monitor for that week, I couldn't believe the visual difference.

Filtering for monitor resolution and Panel isn't easy to do on some stores, which makes finding Monitors a bit difficult. Both the monitors you guys list I don't recall seeing. Had I seen PD2700Q that has calibrated colors for $50 more, I would of pick that up instead. But the monitor I did get I am very satisfied with and BenQ will have a repeat costumer. 27" is the sweet spot for my desk setup, I found 32" to be too large to fit on my desk properly with 2 monitors. 

All you ever seem to find in reviews for monitors is people using them for "GAMING". I'm surprised no one complains about the monitor not having RGB or something like that lol.

2019-06-22, 12:49:50
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
We're using 125perc. scaling and 3dsMax 2016, which doesn't yet react correctly (HighDPI mode is from 2017). It's perfect.

People with sharper eyes could even get away on 100perc. of 32" 4k, it's not that dense (in age where 13" Laptops have 4k.. and even phones).

Indeed 32" is too wide, and I use two of them but vertical 25" on one side. The whole setup is too wide and bit unpractical but I always found I like to have identical panel on one side and found 32" to be sweet of spot of size in the middle so I just tolerate the one on side.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2019-06-22, 16:39:28
Reply #4

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great. Thank you. You guys answered most of the concerns I was having. In particular 3ds max 2016 with 4k. I thought it was a no no.

2019-06-22, 22:53:04
Reply #5

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
We're using 125perc. scaling and 3dsMax 2016, which doesn't yet react correctly (HighDPI mode is from 2017). It's perfect.

People with sharper eyes could even get away on 100perc. of 32" 4k, it's not that dense (in age where 13" Laptops have 4k.. and even phones).

Indeed 32" is too wide, and I use two of them but vertical 25" on one side. The whole setup is too wide and bit unpractical but I always found I like to have identical panel on one side and found 32" to be sweet of spot of size in the middle so I just tolerate the one on side.

Any particular reason for running max 2016, stability? I'm noticing with the new windows 10 updates Max 2019 is now crashing, which i never had issues prior to the update.

I know what you mean by wanting two identical panels, When I move my mouse over to the 2nd monitor there is a dead space that it wont jump over due to the resolution difference. If it was at the top of the screen it wouldn't be noticeable but for some reason its at the bottom. In the future i'll probably pick up the 2kd PD, just to stick with similar monitors and resolutions. The price jump to 4k is a bit out of my budget which is something to consider @lupaz.

2019-06-23, 11:49:35
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Well, originally I didn't like 2017, maybe the UI was a shock to me, something about viewport felt odd (smoothness, glitches..). But that was solved of course, and I would get used to new UI anyway but..

..then it became fear of upgrade. I was always the guy who updated everything at once and suddenly I am four years behind :- ).

It's because 2016 is so damn stable for us, we almost never get any crashes whatsover, and even those few we did, it was Corona related. And everyone else keep always complaining about this and that in 2017/18/19/20..
But it's time I upgrade anyway because from 2020 you can't downsave to 2016 and that will become issue when working with someone who is on 2020. And also plugin support,etc..

2019-06-25, 18:13:45
Reply #7

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
Juraj as of today I am getting color fringe around my text, ranging from red to blue/purple, maybe even some green its hard to tell cause every character seems to look a different color. It is only happening here on the corona forums. If i zoom the browser up to 150% it goes away. No other text elsewhere seems to be causing this, haven't had the issue prior to today either.

2019-06-25, 18:23:51
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yeah I think that maybe I get that too...I think it's some new scaling issue with Chrome or Windows. I get it randomly if it's the same thing as you describe.

My short term memory is terrible so I don't know if I didn't see it on Facebook instead.

2019-06-25, 18:28:26
Reply #9

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
Yeah I think that maybe I get that too...I think it's some new scaling issue with Chrome or Windows. I get it randomly if it's the same thing as you describe.

My short term memory is terrible so I don't know if I didn't see it on Facebook instead.

Looks like I'm getting the issue in some of the windows settings menus as well. I took a picture of it on my phone, I had to move my phone around at different angles to see whats going on, from straight on the camera it look fine, but when you do it at grazing angles you see it. Increasing my scaling to 125% drastically made text worse and you could see mostly red fringe. Its extremely obvious and today is the first day i've seen it.

***Restarted computer everything is back to normal weird.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-25, 18:33:00 by JoeVallard »

2019-06-25, 18:35:48
Reply #10

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hm, that is different from what I saw lately. No idea where this could come from, but could well be GPU driver glitch.

2019-06-25, 18:41:47
Reply #11

Luminaire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Been using one since December, and I love it.  The built in KVM is very handy.

2019-06-25, 18:44:41
Reply #12

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

The 2k or the 4k?

2019-06-25, 22:54:05
Reply #13

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Juraj, I was thinking about this. I thought the text in menus, especially the command panel and script names, remain very small in a 4K with Max 2016, and only the text on the menus get larger with 125%. Is this not the case?
Thanks.

2019-06-26, 00:35:57
Reply #14

Luminaire

• Active Users
    • View Profile

The 2k or the 4k?

The 4K