Author Topic: Camera issues  (Read 2435 times)

2021-04-15, 18:47:19

Evine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everybody. I just realized that the focal length in C4D is unadjustable now (i.e. the cursor after the focal length blank is gray). Driven mad now. Could anyone help with that issue?

2021-04-15, 18:51:47
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not greyed out here. Which version of C4D, which version of Corona, screen grab of the scene hierarchy and the Camera Object UI?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-04-15, 19:07:22
Reply #2

Evine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's C4D R20, and Corona 4. The focal length is unadustable not for this single scene but every newly created one. A screenshot is attached but it's Chinese version UI.

2021-04-15, 19:09:01
Reply #3

Evine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not greyed out here. Which version of C4D, which version of Corona, screen grab of the scene hierarchy and the Camera Object UI?
It's C4D R20, and Corona 4. The focal length is unadustable not for this single scene but every newly created one. A screenshot is attached but it's Chinese version UI.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-15, 19:16:40 by Evine »

2021-04-15, 19:19:16
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As a first step, I'd strongly suggest not using Corona 4, but using Corona 6 as there have been many improvements made since Corona 4 (also if this was a bug in 4, but fixed in 6, then there won't be a fix in 4)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-04-15, 19:26:35
Reply #5

Evine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As a first step, I'd strongly suggest not using Corona 4, but using Corona 6 as there have been many improvements made since Corona 4 (also if this was a bug in 4, but fixed in 6, then there won't be a fix in 4)
Actually I don't think it's a bug. I think there must be some setting that I set wrong becos it worked well not long ago. I just don't know when this error begun and how. But thank you anyway. I will try Corona 6 later.

2021-04-16, 00:57:37
Reply #6

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Evine - I cannot read your language (Japanese I think), but the focal length is the first one listed on that panel (see my attachment). Your looks to be adjustable though. Are you referring to the Zoom option at the bottom? That one is greyed out because you are using a perspective camera. That feature only works with Parallel cameras. I too am using C4D r20 and am curious why I have six options for the camera and you only have five.

Wait, are you talking about the Focus Distance arrow below that? If so then I don't know why your is greyed out. I have running a recent daily build of Corona 7. Since you're paying for Corona already, why not use v6 Hotfix 2? It works perfectly fine with C4D r20.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-16, 01:03:18 by BigAl3D »

2021-04-16, 12:41:25
Reply #7

Evine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Evine - I cannot read your language (Japanese I think), but the focal length is the first one listed on that panel (see my attachment). Your looks to be adjustable though. Are you referring to the Zoom option at the bottom? That one is greyed out because you are using a perspective camera. That feature only works with Parallel cameras. I too am using C4D r20 and am curious why I have six options for the camera and you only have five.

Wait, are you talking about the Focus Distance arrow below that? If so then I don't know why your is greyed out. I have running a recent daily build of Corona 7. Since you're paying for Corona already, why not use v6 Hotfix 2? It works perfectly fine with C4D r20.
Thank you for replying. It's not Japanese but Chinese :) Yeah I realized I used the wrong word, it should be focal distance instead of focal length. I have been using V4 for 2 years but as you recommend now I m gonna try Corona 6.

2021-04-19, 09:21:01
Reply #8

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

the point that Tom was trying to make is that if you were using Corona 4 and it worked for you and all of sudden it stopped working, it must be some setting that you had selected. We have not made any updates to Corona 4 and we are not planning to.
If you're planning to continue using Corona 4, I wish you best of luck finding what turned that setting uninteractible.

Thanks,
Jan

PS: I recommend trying V6, it's got some great new additions
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.