Author Topic: an idea for rendersetup.  (Read 3913 times)

2014-11-14, 03:32:45

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
dear all & Keymaster,
first, i searched in forum about this thing , but i didnt find any similar with it. so, i'm sorry if it was reported
here we go , i have an idea for rendersetup input system.
on rendersetup>corona settings>global camera settings>depth of field, if we uncheck the "enable", all the features inside are changed to be gray shaded and all the parameter are uneditable. it works correctly on "motionblur"
but on the "override scene camera/ cameraMod settings", "Distributed Rendering", "Output Autosave", "use photographic exposure", "Render Stamp", etc .. it doesn't happened when the "enabled" button checked / uncheked.
yesterday, i wanted to render some project and leave it run through along night till morning. i did input the filename/ adresses for autosave feature.. but damn unfortunately i forgot to checked the "enable autosave",
but the real disaster maker is: in the morning my mom came in to my bedroom and saw that my computer still running so she decided to turn off the computer by plug off the power cable (she never know how to use mouse and keyboard to shutdown the computer, eventhough i teach her thousands times ... she will never know).  AARRGHH!!
but anyway... it wouldnt be a problem, if the autosave is enabled.
maybe some users has passed this problem too.

thanx :-D

*correction: change the word "idea" to "suggestion" (for post title too)
« Last Edit: 2014-11-20, 05:13:27 by noel20 »

2014-11-20, 05:11:14
Reply #1

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
dear, somebody...
again, apologize if this suggestion is already reported.
this would be great if "autorename" is added on the autosave. the autosave file's name & folder will be based on the max file name.
ex: - max scene name: scene1.max = autosave name: scene1-during.exr  ,  scene2-end.exr  ,  both files is created on where scene1.max were placed.

2014-11-20, 07:54:39
Reply #2

cloneops

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I already suggested this... to synchronize file names.
I think it was rejected.
dammit-Maxwell render does this.

ps.
As for moms ..try shutting off the oven when she has something cooking, see how she likes it.

2014-11-20, 09:26:00
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
This should be moved to bug reports. It's not feature request.

When UI parameters do not freeze properly, then it's simply a bug ;)

2014-11-20, 10:14:19
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
dear all & Keymaster,
first, i searched in forum about this thing , but i didnt find any similar with it. so, i'm sorry if it was reported
here we go , i have an idea for rendersetup input system.
on rendersetup>corona settings>global camera settings>depth of field, if we uncheck the "enable", all the features inside are changed to be gray shaded and all the parameter are uneditable. it works correctly on "motionblur"
but on the "override scene camera/ cameraMod settings", "Distributed Rendering", "Output Autosave", "use photographic exposure", "Render Stamp", etc .. it doesn't happened when the "enabled" button checked / uncheked.

First of all, if you have a suggestion, you should declare it in Feature request section. Devs don't have time to browse entire forum, so your ideas may be unheard. And post one request/suggestion per topic, please.

As for your ideas. IMHO:
  Override scene camera/ cameraMod settings shouldn't grey out  photographic exposure controls, but Use photographic exposure checkbox in Exposure and color mapping - should.
  Output autosave, Render stamp - i don't see a point in greying it out.
  Distributed rendering - have no idea, i do not use it.
  automatic name/path may be a good idea, but if it was rejected, well...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-11-20, 10:59:46
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
I already suggested this... to synchronize file names.
I think it was rejected.
dammit-Maxwell render does this.

ps.
As for moms ..try shutting off the oven when she has something cooking, see how she likes it.
thanx for your response cloneops
rejected?? was it??? why??? it's simple thing but pretty important for me .. or .. for many users i guess.
hahahaha..! i think i'd be better to see how a sleeping tiger will likes me when i bite it's tail rather than disturb her when she's doing something.

This should be moved to bug reports. It's not feature request.

When UI parameters do not freeze properly, then it's simply a bug ;)

thanx rawalanche,
if there any problem similar with this .. i will post it to bug report board

First of all, if you have a suggestion, you should declare it in Feature request section. Devs don't have time to browse entire forum, so your ideas may be unheard. And post one request/suggestion per topic, please.

As for your ideas. IMHO:
  Override scene camera/ cameraMod settings shouldn't grey out  photographic exposure controls, but Use photographic exposure checkbox in Exposure and color mapping - should.

thanx so much romullus,
em.. , do i have to repost this to feature-request / bug-report board? or wait for moderator/administrator moves this topic to somewhere it should be?
i think autosave & DR should be greyed/freezed when we unchecked it, so that, there will be no other users do mistake like i did.
it is easier to see an area greyed/freezed rather than to see a little box checked/uncheked, right..?
for renderstamp, it doesnt matter to be greyed or not.. because it can be redo / edit eventhough render job is finished.

2014-11-20, 11:30:12
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
As for your ideas. IMHO:

I disagree. Outputs should be frozen if autosave is disabled to prevent exactly this error which happened. Error when someone sets up paths but forgets to turn on the checkbox. If you try to set up paths, but notice you can't, because UI elements are frozen, you'll realize you need to enable the feature first.

2014-11-26, 08:07:40
Reply #7

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi rawalanche,
does the development team agree to fix this or not? or.. maybe someone must moved this topic to bug report.

thanx :-D