Author Topic: Smart texture shader meant for wood textures  (Read 884 times)

2022-10-28, 01:57:22

I3ordo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 Normally, i would not ask this feature in a "render" plugin's forum but over the years, corona introduced such niche features that i said why not!, this would save loads of time with many much like the UV Randomizer, Multimap, round edges  and so on....

The shader i want to see corona team bring to life is a texture orientation shader, which would automatically rotate/orient  the uv of a texture so that the longer edges of a polygon would define the orientation. This would be very useful as it would as it would be automatically useable on use it on roads , woodwork of the furniture, Ivy leaves etc...  A polygon's UV would be automatically aligned along the longer edges

2022-11-08, 18:21:59
Reply #1

katzenwaffe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Katzenwaffe.se
Why hasn't anyone solved this? Probably the best idea ever since inventing the beer.

2022-11-09, 10:00:51
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This was already requested, it was discussed in our dev team, but unfortunately this is not possible in Corona due to technical limitations.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-09, 10:09:28
Reply #3

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I did see someone made a third-party plug-in for this very thing once... it was posted on these forums, so I'm sure with a bit of digging it can be found
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/