Author Topic: Corona for Rhinoceros :)?  (Read 81285 times)

2019-05-31, 18:31:27
Reply #45

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any programmer who wants to work with Corona and Rhino?

Pleaseeee!! (hehe)

2019-05-31, 21:34:00
Reply #46

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Me personally, I model stuff in Rhino, since I'm an industrial designer.
Buildings, Furniture and such things which go much faster than in C4D or Max.

But building up scenes, I find much nicer in C4D... There you have stuff like Mograph, etc...

2019-05-31, 22:01:29
Reply #47

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use Rhino a lot for architecture, it's fast...... my workflow, rhino is 90%, and 3ds Max 10% for model special things.

3ds Max for second part with Corona and finish the project.

2019-06-01, 19:20:21
Reply #48

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Yup, me too.

I'd LOVE to see Corona for Rhino, but my fear is that it'll end up in a similar unfortunate situation to Vray for Rhino. That is; powerful software, almost exactly same features as in the 3DSmax version, but with almost no community... ie; no models to download and use, not many discussions, not many plug-ins, limited support etc (although, admittedly, with the plug-ins, Grasshopper is a pretty good one-stop-shop.)

These issues are the precise reason why I moved from a Rhino+Vray only workflow to Rhino-3DSmax-Corona workflow.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-06-02, 11:39:02
Reply #49

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup, me too.

I'd LOVE to see Corona for Rhino, but my fear is that it'll end up in a similar unfortunate situation to Vray for Rhino. That is; powerful software, almost exactly same features as in the 3DSmax version, but with almost no community... ie; no models to download and use, not many discussions, not many plug-ins, limited support etc (although, admittedly, with the plug-ins, Grasshopper is a pretty good one-stop-shop.)

These issues are the precise reason why I moved from a Rhino+Vray only workflow to Rhino-3DSmax-Corona workflow.

The same happened to me.

It is possible that the best combination for me is Rhino + Max + Corona and not change it. It is true.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-02, 11:44:56 by Buzzz »

2020-07-01, 20:32:24
Reply #50

emaru

• Users
    • View Profile
I am an architect and visualizer and model EVERYTHING in Rhino. Even when working in a project in Revit or Archicad I prefer to do the renders in Rhino with V-Ray.
To my knowledge, if you want to do serious render work in Rhino, V-Ray is currently one of (if not the only) serious player in the market. I would jump in an instant if Corona released a Rhino version.

Yup, me too.

Nowadays I find much easier to bring stuff to Rhino from other DCCs. V-Ray Proxy allows to bring animated .abc files, allowing for example to import an animated curtain created in Marvelous Designer. And with V7 coming up, it will become a lot easier to model a lot of things inside Rhino.

2020-09-09, 18:17:50
Reply #51

mgibeault

• Users
    • View Profile

2021-09-22, 11:07:23
Reply #52

mikle

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello! A long time has passed. All the same, you are planning to make Corona Renderer for Rhino? ) I would very much like to work together Rhino+Corona

2021-09-22, 12:46:34
Reply #53

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There are no plans to convert Corona to any other host application other than the two we currently support, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us