Author Topic: create preview animation from IR  (Read 1807 times)

2020-04-22, 22:37:48

aref3dsmax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. i need a way to create a preview animation from IR render mode. beacause its very fast and clean and much better from final render for the preview

2020-04-23, 08:21:35
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not faster and not better, it is the same and you can tweak it to work the same by forcing PT etc.
This old topic
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23, 08:35:19 by sprayer »

2020-04-23, 10:09:40
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Actually it's not the same. IR has lowered parameters, therefore it's faster, but has worse quality. You can transfer IR settings to regular renderer with the help of strings in render setup advanced dev rollout, but i don't know what exactly strings you need to enter.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-04-23, 17:01:37
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-04-23, 17:41:18
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
IR is by default more responsive (higher refresh rate), but would render slower (more noisy) in a longer run.
You can emulate IR in final rendering by lowering GI vs AA in the Performance tab from the default 16 to 4. There are some other things, but this one should affect the "interactivity" most.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-23, 18:43:48
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Afaik it is faster if your scene takes 1 minute to parse :) IR keeps the scene loaded, final rendering doesn't and so it recalcs each and every frame afaik.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2020-04-23, 19:20:37
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
But if IR was displaying an animation, it would do the same thing most likely and have to reparse for each frame :)

(My guess is that this is related to the software being able to send "this one thing has changed" messages to IR when you model, move things around etc. but for a whole scene, there'd be no indication of what has changed, and so the whole frame would need to be reparsed)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us