Author Topic: dubcats secret little hideout  (Read 264350 times)

2022-09-22, 07:45:10
Reply #420

thecreativecontrol

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replies.
You are right, all totally valid points.
I will correct these mistakes and will add links. Very sorry for that. Didn't want to take advantage of anybody, but just wanted to help others out. I honestly couldn't remember where I got the log lut from. I couldn't find it anymore in the web. Are you alright with having it in the pack? I will take it out of you wish. If you can give me a link to the original source, I'll gladly add that.
Honestly sorry if I made anybody feel aggravated!

2022-09-28, 23:11:45
Reply #421

thecreativecontrol

• Users
    • View Profile
ok, it took me some days to find the time to correct stuff. I added links to this thread and info where I got the LUTs from and made a note about linear space in the description of the video.
Thanks @piotrus3333 for all the valuable infos on the forums and for letting me re-distribute your empty LUT and the idea.
@burnin I am not sure what to actually call the linear workflow if not talking about the workflow itself but the theory. Actually a lot of people are calling it linear space or linear RGB and everything that differs from it is Gamma correction and so on. It is some kind of space obviously but not a color space...if you can enlight me on the proper naming conventions, I would be grateful.
@dubcat if you are not ok with me republishing your LUTs, please tell me and I will take them down.

2022-09-28, 23:58:01
Reply #422

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You've been told this several times already, but i'll repeat it again - unless you got author's explicit permission, it's not ok to distribute his stuff. Leaving a message on the forum and assuming that silence means agreement, it's not ok either. If you'd look at dubcat's forum profile, you should see that he wasn't logged in for 15 months, it's very likely that he has no idea about you or your request. If you're a decent person, take down those scripts now, then try to contact the author personally and explain him the situation.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-09-29, 05:08:41
Reply #423

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
he wasn't logged in for 15 months

What ever happened to Dubcat, by the way?

2022-09-30, 23:06:17
Reply #424

thecreativecontrol

• Users
    • View Profile
You've been told this several times already, but i'll repeat it again - unless you got author's explicit permission, it's not ok to distribute his stuff. Leaving a message on the forum and assuming that silence means agreement, it's not ok either. If you'd look at dubcat's forum profile, you should see that he wasn't logged in for 15 months, it's very likely that he has no idea about you or your request. If you're a decent person, take down those scripts now, then try to contact the author personally and explain him the situation.
alright, I get your point and again: I dont want to aggrevate anybody. Since I am working on more LUTs, I swapped Kim Amlands LUTs with some of mine that come close to what he created and left a thank you note to him, as his workflow really inspired me.
thanks for being my Jiminy Cricket ;)