Author Topic: Will the new standalone give some life to the Blender integration?  (Read 76694 times)

2016-11-07, 19:21:29
Reply #60

Riofranco

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys :)
Really thanks for the link on page 3 ( sorry I di'nt see it before :/ ) and for fast reply :)
It works fine for me with blender 2.78a but comparing with the older version I have ( blender 2.75 + plugin v0.192 from chocofur tutorial) it's really slower. I get much better results without noise ( and without option "denoising" used), maybe I did something wrong but my tests were made with default render settings in both case. rying to show it later...

2016-11-07, 20:59:38
Reply #61

Riofranco

• Users
    • View Profile
Finally I took the time to make a small test comparison ;)

Lot of differences, but if I did it right, the same material/render settings were applied, I join the both files version here http://www.filedropper.com/coronaversionscomparison

2016-11-07, 21:48:42
Reply #62

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Thanks for the test images. I can only guess at the possible causes.

What render do you use in 1.5? Did you try with VPL I found I got good results with that. Also check samples, number of bounces etc there appears to be some more complex rendering in 1.5 compared to the Alpha which likely has some effect on render times.

2016-11-08, 00:29:13
Reply #63

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ugh, dont use VPLs please ;) They support almost no feature, and can produce very slow/incorrect results. Even if you managed to not break it yet, I would highly suggest sticking with just PT+PT or PT+UHD
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-11-08, 00:37:55
Reply #64

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-11-10, 13:51:17
Reply #65

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Finally I took the time to make a small test comparison ;)

Lot of differences, but if I did it right, the same material/render settings were applied, I join the both files version here http://www.filedropper.com/coronaversionscomparison

Try the latest exporter version, the primary/secondary solvers are displayed in the UI correctly now, use the Progressive Renderer type and Path Tracing primary and UHDCache secondary, this gives some pretty good results by itself, then if you turn on Full denoise instead of just Fireflies it will smooth the results out (don't forget to use the stop button and then it will apply the denoise)

2016-11-10, 14:38:45
Reply #66

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you.

& a couple of notes:
- Downloads on the repository is not giving the latest version or something is mixed up. At least versions are tagged differently and show different behavior.
ie. latest v2.0.20 = from Downloads gives 9bc047e96d17 VS 386ff57bc6c5 from Tags)

*Maybe it's just me being confused... :D

- Latest available standalone is 2016-10-24

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*edit
Sorry if am wrong, a bit confused. Been involved with other stuff & tools, so hopefully will continue with more thorough testing on Corona soon.
Oh, have noticed much improvements (organized menus, connected materials to nodes :D)... working well at first glance.
GREAT WORK, THANKS!

« Last Edit: 2016-11-10, 15:01:43 by burnin »

2016-11-10, 18:13:32
Reply #67

Riofranco

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys ! :)
I've been a little bit confused, I didn't find how to set PT+UHDCache ( I launched any kind of method, stop it immediately and choose PT+Cache in " Change GI algorithm" in Corona VFB :p )
I didn't get the last plugin... maybe there's must be a link on first post, uploaded each time for an easy search ;)
Anyway it works fine for me ( tested with Blender 2.77) :)
I'm making some test, I will share my scene later

2016-11-10, 20:20:55
Reply #68

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@burnin the difference between 9bc047e96d17 and 386ff57bc6c5 were readme changes made through the bitbucket website (makes for easier image uploads) the actual code is the same in both, apologies if that is a little unclear.  I will always tag commits that have code changes so you can be sure that the latest tag is equivalent to the latest master release.

@riofranco there is a latest.zip link on the first line of the home page that will always give you the latest released version.

You can verify the version by the included version.txt file in the download.

2016-11-11, 08:36:40
Reply #69

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks of the update, IES file is now working. need to test more and build a nice render.

The new UI for the GI renderer is much better with the Primary solver and Secondary solver in one place. Neat!

"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-11-17, 21:55:52
Reply #70

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Works very well. I'll make a nice interior render asap as well and test your every version from now on.
And waiting commercial release of standalone of Corona, I 'm in...

2016-11-17, 21:57:56
Reply #71

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Works very well. I'll make a nice interior render asap as well and test your every version from now on.
And waiting commercial release of standalone of Corona, I 'm in...

Excellent, thanks to all for your help testing, I am primarily a developer and we all know how artistic developers can be :D

2016-11-18, 07:44:07
Reply #72

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much  for your awesome work, won't be ignored by the community so sure...

My main problem is, viewport shading is not working for me. Couldn't see the textures actually.

And a question:

Any info about interactive rendering?

2016-11-18, 10:23:14
Reply #73

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much  for your awesome work, won't be ignored by the community so sure...

My main problem is, viewport shading is not working for me. Couldn't see the textures actually.

And a question:

Any info about interactive rendering?

Could you provide the logs/terminal output for any errors you have.  The usual error is not providing an export directory so that I can write out the temporary files needed for Corona.

As far as interactive rendering, that isn't really possible without a lot of work from Corona renderer and the exporter and even then it won't work because it just isn't integrated into blender. 

Besides the Corona standalone provides some valuable tools even during rendering (regions etc.) that it isn't really desirable anyway.

2016-11-18, 13:28:08
Reply #74

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Solved it my bad sorry...

Saw lightmix option  in Corona VFB but couldn't find necessary elements. Not implemented yet?

----------
Yes, you are right, interactive rendering is not a must. But good to know to have...

« Last Edit: 2016-11-18, 13:36:04 by warlock »