Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Backburner VS DR RAM usage

(1/5) > >>

Gabiru:
Hello everyone, ive been working on a very big architecture project of a district. it has like 7 buildings with a lot of shops and people.
I know that i should cut and use low poly models for things that are relative far from camera so i can save some RAM usage.
The problem im having is really weird. If i send my renders trough backburner with DR activated only 2 of our nodes can render it because of RAM usage. (those 2 has 48GB the other 8 has 24GB)
Altough if i deativate DR and send trought backburner to one of those nodes with 24GB and make the render only on that node it only spends like 14GB.
The same goes for the 48GB nodes, i noticed with DR they go up to 60GB because of Virtual memory when i send trough backburner with DR deativated its spending 15GB.
This makes no sense, i know that 24GB isnt that much we are about to upgrade it but still no logic that from backburner it spends much less memory.
What should i do? The deadline is coming and im a bit worried bout our renders. I feel like on VRay the renders were much faster, i noticed that Corona denoiser and render elements spends way to much RAM, but we need some render elements for post production and the denoiser so it doesnt have much noise, so i cant cut that much on those things.
Best regards

dj_buckley:
I've raised this multiple times with no real valid answer as yet.

DR Nodes use way more RAM than the scene actually needs.

I'm rendering right now. 

The scene on my host PC is using less than 50GB RAM, yet both nodes are using over 70GB.  The only program running on those nodes is Corona DR/Max.  On the host PC, I'm also running Skype, Chrome (with lots of tabs open), Spotify, Photoshop amongst others.

It happens on every scene without fail.  It's actually stopping one of nodes being productive to the overall render even though it has enough RAM (64GB) to handle what the scene is actually using (45GB).

Here's my original post from 3 years ago, that I revisted a year ago and got no resolution - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18118.15

Gabiru:
holy, thats not what i would like to hear..
do u have any tricky thing to counter this problem?
ive been using corona for almost 1 year, i really like the workflow before renders. During rendering times VRay was much more stable and we could calculate our times much better. I really hate how corona behaves with renders, its always a lucky thing to have a good render time...
i hope that anyone can help us.. if you find something that can help please answer me, ill do the same.
at this time i kinda prefer to send a render to a single node (like we do with animation) and get all the renders done at the same time, because DR is actually a joke.

dj_buckley:
Nope nothing, no tricks to resolving it.

I don't know why it does it.  That's why I originally asked.  It seems nobody is able to answer why its happening.

I've been using Corona pretty much since Alpha (switching from VRay) - but i'm becoming increasingly frustrated with it.

Gabiru:
yea same here, specially when i have my boss complaining about render times all the time, and i dont know how to solve it..
i hope we get an answer soon, if i find any solution ill reply here, but i hope any corona team member comes in to help, ive already spent to much time searching solutions and none seems to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version