Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Corona Pattern - inter linking like puzzle pieces

(1/4) > >>

lupaz:
Hi.
Please, see the image attached.
Currently with Corona Pattern it's only possible to use a square prism to define the geometry for the pattern.
This doesn't allow for overlapping of useful parts that fit like a puzzle.

Thank you.

Aram Avetisyan:
Hi,

I am not sure I clearly understand what you are trying to do.

If you want to tile these pieces, you just need to tile the geometry like it is supposed to be in the pattern, then define the bounding box of the pattern.
It should just work. I don't see why it shouldn't.

Pattern will NOT give overlapping geometry, because it works based on the UVs.
For having more custom control, including overlapping geometry, you should use scatter instead.

lupaz:

--- Quote from: Aram Avetisyan on 2024-01-10, 18:47:51 ---Hi,

I am not sure I clearly understand what you are trying to do.

If you want to tile these pieces, you just need to tile the geometry like it is supposed to be in the pattern, then define the bounding box of the pattern.
It should just work. I don't see why it shouldn't.

--- End quote ---

I may be wrong, but the bounding box that is used by the corona pattern modifier either clips the geometry or leaves the gaps in between. What I'm looking to do is what you can do with the new 3Ds Max's Array modifier, which allows you to get patterns like these together without clipping anything.

Frood:
Hi Aram,

--- Quote from: Aram Avetisyan on 2024-01-10, 18:47:51 ---I am not sure I clearly understand what you are trying to do.

--- End quote ---

Have a look at id=1078410170, hoped that it would be possible with render time generated geometry internally, but obviously not.

Good Luck

d4l1:
Don't know if it will help, but I had a somewhat similar question and got a nice workaround for my problem.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41647.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version