Author Topic: [solved] Interactive render problem  (Read 339 times)

2023-06-04, 18:55:28

xtianriv

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys, I'm having a few problems with Corona (9 hf2, 9 hf3, 10 rc1).
The first problem I notice is that loading the interactive render takes a lot more time than it used to, it could even be around 2 minutos. But something weird about it is that when it finally shows the rendering process, the rendering time could be over 45 or 50 seconds. Even sometimes the Stats show Scene parsing 0:00:00, Geometry: 0:00:00, UHD cache precomp: 0:00:00 but about a minute of rendering time.
And the second problem is that when I isolate some geometry, start an interactive render, stop the render and try to exit isolate mode, it takes around 30-40 seconds to show all the geometry. If I isolate and exit isolate without an interactive render in the middle it has no problem.
I'm attaching a video showing the two inconvenients.

I'm using 3ds Max 2024.1, Corona versions as mentioned before, Forest pack 8.2.2, Railclone 6.0.7, Anima 5.1.1
Win 11.
My PC setup is Threadripper 3990x, RAM 128gb, RTX 4090.
Project is located in local M.2 and assets are located in an SSD network drive
« Last Edit: 2023-06-05, 16:47:02 by maru »

2023-06-04, 19:05:26
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi,

Is this issue is related only to specific scene(-s), or is this happening in all your scenes? Also does it happens in the scenes that does not have content from third party plugins, like Anima, or Forest Pack?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-06-04, 19:18:29
Reply #2

xtianriv

• Users
    • View Profile
It is happening in the 4 projects we are working at the moment. Sadly all of them have Anima and Forest. I'm going to do a test deleting those elements and I'll let you know as soon as possible

2023-06-04, 19:51:45
Reply #3

xtianriv

• Users
    • View Profile
I deleted Anima, Forest Pack and Railclone but the problem is still happening.

2023-06-05, 12:29:34
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Is there any chance you can send the scene over to me? I'd really like to investigate this before v10 gets released.

Instructions on how to do so are in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-06-05, 14:22:39
Reply #5

xtianriv

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I was able to solve it a couple of hours ago. I noticed that if I delete the ENU folder the program worked as expected so I started deleting scripts 3 by 3 and tested the scene. Finally I found that deleting DropToSlate, ProxyTextures and QProxies solved the issue. I really had no time to check exactly which one was the problem but it's ok by now.