Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion

(1/41) > >>

maru:
Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max Daily Builds Discussion

You can grab the latest build from: Daily Builds Changelog

Ondra:
Note that as usual, we are waiting with next version daily builds until we release a hotfix for version 9 (containing only 3 minor fixes).

Meanwhile we have a changelog with 29 changes so far for the first daily build, so stay tuned ;)

danio1011:
Woooo!  Exciting. 

By the way, not sure if it's something you'd want to change for 10 DBs or even Corona 9 Hotfix 1, but when we install Corona 9 in our studio as an update it does not effectively check to see if a newer version of Max is installed.  So we recently installed 2023 and had to go to 'advanced' in the install when we upgraded from Corona 9 latest DB to Corona 9 official.  Not a big deal, but might make life a little simpler for people.  FYI.

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: danio1011 on 2022-11-10, 16:11:28 ---Woooo!  Exciting. 

By the way, not sure if it's something you'd want to change for 10 DBs or even Corona 9 Hotfix 1, but when we install Corona 9 in our studio as an update it does not effectively check to see if a newer version of Max is installed.  So we recently installed 2023 and had to go to 'advanced' in the install when we upgraded from Corona 9 latest DB to Corona 9 official.  Not a big deal, but might make life a little simpler for people.  FYI.

--- End quote ---
Hi danio1011,

I understand the problem here, however the installer can't detect whether the version was newly installed or simply unselected by the user.

Sorry for not being able to provide a better solution here.

Cheers,

Rowan

Jens:
"Corona now correctly resolves in which volume the camera lies. The camera can also be given a non-zero physical size, in which case the camera might lie only partially in one volume (e.g. camera half-submerged in water)"

Will this have any influence on how vol obj and VDBs behave regarding if the camera is in this object? I.e. so we can actually have the camera inside said volumes?
+ I noticed the vol material itself has the option to "mix vol objects" so they can intersect when using the vol material, can this function be added to Corona Vol objects so we can mix VDBs?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version