Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

implementation of Rich Dirt material

(1/2) > >>

astudio:
Still dreaming about this http://www.enrichpro.com/en/richdirt/index.html

antanas:
Me too, that one is a really great thing, but most probably Corona's version of it should be done by a Rich Dirt developer himself, though given some maps which were not designed to work with Corona originally but work nevertheless, it probably is possible to do on Corona's dev's side as well or at least I hope so. There was some request\discussion about R.D. earlier - a year or so earlier that is - people were getting ready to write some request letters to the r.d's dev. but I'm quite sure that wasn't accomplished or there were not enough Corona users for him to be interested - who knows. I, myself had bought it in some like 2011 or so and now my licence is only viable up to max 2012 + I've stopped using vray around that same time and thus stopped using r.d. too and didn't upgrade my license since, but I used it quite intensively until then and it surely was good while it lasted )

kehlje:
wow that's a godly plug-in.

astudio:

--- Quote from: antanas on 2016-08-26, 15:44:50 --- I, myself had bought it in some like 2011 or so and now my licence is only viable up to max 2012 + I've stopped using vray around that same time and thus stopped using r.d. too and didn't upgrade my license since, but I used it quite intensively until then and it surely was good while it lasted )

--- End quote ---

I asked him before I bought RD in 2012 about migration to newer max version - the answer was: it's free.

I asked him if corona materials are in plan. He answered that it is according to amount of corona user.
The only thing which I need in Corona AO it's occlusion on outward edges (no occlusion for coplanar faces of course). Maybe... Ondra.... someday ...

mgrubisic:
This topic needs to be refreshed! From Matthias Senzin in 2018, the founder of enRich Pro:

"I would love to support Corona. But they still do not have an API to shoot rays. V-Ray has. V-Ray GPU does not. Scanline does. I am optimistic that Corona will add it soon. Corona already supports the standard texmaps of 3dsmax. Unlike for example Iray or Maxwell. So on their side adding the api for raytracing is easier than it would be for Maxwell."

Ondrej, are there any plans on this topic? Please tell us there is!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version