Author Topic: How to avoid long parsing time?  (Read 15025 times)

2019-09-17, 12:53:39
Reply #15

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
does anyone have a script to disable animation in all proxies immediately? I have 100+ proxies in this scene, I can't even begin to disable them all by hand? I'm running on 7,5 minutes of parsing time with animation enabled.

Using Forest Pack Pro, animated sun (target)

2019-09-17, 13:20:52
Reply #16

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Try to paste this in the maxscript listener + Return:

Code: [Select]
for o in objects where classof(o)==CProxy do o.animationEnabled=false

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-09-17, 16:13:33
Reply #17

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Current dailies have significant parsing speedups, have you tried them?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-09-17, 16:16:55
Reply #18

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
no, to be honest, I usualy just download when corona releases a new version, is there a link?

grts

2019-09-17, 16:49:47
Reply #19

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Best link is this one (as the actual dropbox changes now and then, but this page gets updated to point to the current location - plus is has instructions!): https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-09-18, 11:17:53
Reply #20

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
does anyone have a script to disable animation in all proxies immediately? I have 100+ proxies in this scene, I can't even begin to disable them all by hand? I'm running on 7,5 minutes of parsing time with animation enabled.

Using Forest Pack Pro, animated sun (target)

Did you try script published by iancamarillo in this topic on first page?

I haven't updated the machines to 1.7 hotfix1 but after I disabled animation on thousands of proxies, my parsing time for each frame dropped from 20min to 3min. Probably saving me days to complete. I'm still testing to confirm this though. I attached a script I made to disable animation from all selected proxies.

2019-09-18, 11:35:46
Reply #21

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
yes, it worked, all animations were disabled, as soon as i'm sending another render to the BB i'm going to compare. I saw yesterday it already made a difference but i'm still having 7m+ parsing times, I think I'm going to have to send all scene layers one by one and see which is taking so damn long to parse

2019-09-22, 12:16:35
Reply #22

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
Attached you can find a binder of each layer rendered with the parsing time in the corner below, all layers combined give me about 64Gb of usage, with "conserve memory" enabled.

Parsing time atm for rendering a camera has an average of 10.7452667 minutes

I'd be happy to get some suggestions to lower this if possible. The scene is huge, so I'm not sure if there are any options left for me to explore and reduce the parsing time.

I already did the following:
All textures, except the HDRI, are reduced to jpg in 4K res
All vegitation used to spread with hand, or used in Forest Pack Pro, has been done with proxies at the base.
All proxies are set to point cloud
All proxies are set to "keep in memory"
All proxies have animation mode disabled
Some Forest Pack Objects still use "edge-mode" - I will remove this in a last resort to lower my parsing times, it has 5,5 minutes of parsing time, which is half of everything.

Scene:
The scene uses 1HDRI and 1Corona Sun to light + Artificial Lighting (see layer lighting)
There is a lightmix to generate day and night (in 1-HDRI, believe it or not) with in total 9-light-select groups

All buildings are proxies. The only thing not proxy is the terrain for distribution.

Max file is about 100Mb large with 5Gb+ in proxy material (to keep the file running and viewport friendly)

All files are on a server -

Grts

« Last Edit: 2019-09-22, 12:44:30 by 3dboomerang »

2019-09-23, 03:48:53
Reply #23

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
I installed the daily build on my main workstation, a threadripper 1950x, and its parsing times are ~3minutes, compared to my node AMD WX2990 which has 9 minutes parsing times, on the last official corona version.

Whatever you put in there, it's magic.

2019-09-23, 14:54:55
Reply #24

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Dont want to crash the party here, but is that some of the vray code  for the parsing speedup? the office use corona and cray, and i have seen very fast scene starts on vray side..
Anyway ondra, will you guys show more of the partership in the near future? like how are you collaborating with each other?

2019-09-23, 17:03:06
Reply #25

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I installed the daily build on my main workstation, a threadripper 1950x, and its parsing times are ~3minutes, compared to my node AMD WX2990 which has 9 minutes parsing times, on the last official corona version.
Whatever you put in there, it's magic.
Hi, did you start a support ticket in the end? If so, could you share your ticket number here?

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-09-24, 08:46:27
Reply #26

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
No I didn't make a support ticket, do u see the need?

2019-09-24, 11:50:29
Reply #27

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
No I didn't make a support ticket, do u see the need?
Generally if you are having any issues with Corona, it is best to start a support ticket. This is the best way for the team to track the report, update it timely, and offer solutions.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-09-26, 09:54:21
Reply #28

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
Ok I didn't know, I thought it was common to first see in the forums if there are solutions with your problem. Generally I found them?

Is it possible the daily doesn't work on a node-computer to render? The parsing times on my 2990WX is still longer than on my 1950x, both have daily builds installed.

1950 hits about 4 minutes of parsing time, 2990WX is ~ double that

2019-09-26, 16:53:26
Reply #29

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
The enable animation on the proxys should be lokked at, it really kills  like 40% of the parsing time on BIG scenes with lots of proxys.