Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Huge bug - double rendertimes with black backdrop

<< < (2/3) > >>

maru:
We will be happy to help with both issues. Do you have some simple scenes which you could share?
Regarding the black background slowdown - I was able to find a report for Cinema 4D and it's scheduled to be investigated (fixing it based on a C4D report would also fix it for 3ds Max). Of course we can log additional reports with additional files, so if you have an example or simple reproduction steps, please do share them.
Thanks!

dj_buckley:

--- Quote from: maru on 2024-02-06, 09:35:31 ---Regarding the black background slowdown - I was able to find a report for Cinema 4D and it's scheduled to be investigated (fixing it based on a C4D report would also fix it for 3ds Max). Of course we can log additional reports with additional files, so if you have an example or simple reproduction steps, please do share them.

--- End quote ---

By asking us to submit scenes, are you suggesting that you're unable to replicate the slowdown at your end?  Surely you have a tonne of scenes by now, submitted by users that you can test on?  Simply open any scene, render, then render again with environment override directly visible set to black and compare the render times?  The heavier the scene the better.

maru:
User scenes demonstrating specific issues are always valuable for us. We will also try reproducing this based on the steps you mentioned, thanks.

romullus:

--- Quote from: dj_buckley on 2024-02-06, 09:56:33 ---The heavier the scene the better.

--- End quote ---

Isn't this the other way round with this specific issue? I think complex scenes where background takes relatively small portion in terms of calculation time, are not affected as much as lightweight scenes, particularly single object renderings against monotone background.

dj_buckley:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2024-02-06, 10:45:17 ---
--- Quote from: dj_buckley on 2024-02-06, 09:56:33 ---The heavier the scene the better.

--- End quote ---

Isn't this the other way round with this specific issue? I think complex scenes where background takes relatively small portion in terms of calculation time, are not affected as much as lightweight scenes, particularly single object renderings against monotone background.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking along the lines of this, a heavy scene, the black background takes up roughly half the image, a scene that already takes a while to render so any shifts in rendertime will be noticeable rather than negligble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version