Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Corona Goodies - User Contributions

Corona Randomizer

(1/19) > >>

James Vella:
By user request I am releasing this script for free. Script attached to this post or download here.

Notes:
- Select the objects you want to add the CoronaMappingRandomizer.
- Press the icon in the toolbar to run the script.

Install:
- Drag the script into your 3dsmax viewport.
- Customize > Customize User Interface > Toolbars > Category: Vella > Automate CoronaRandomizer
- Drag this toolbar button somewhere in your UI/Toolbars

Version 1.0 Features:
- Attaches all nodes in the material of the selected object to a CoronaMappingRandomizer.
- Currently adds a new CoronaMappingRandomizer, if you already have one for that material it will add another (might look into this later, code is available if you wish to try yourself).
- Supports Corona Physical and Corona Legacy materials.

Tom:
That's awesome, thanks man.
What would be even better is the ability to add a CoronaTriplanar map right after the CoronaMappingRandomizer node.
Most of the time I'm using this setup so that I don't have to put mapping coordinates on the objects, instead I just have to play with the Scale setting of the Triplanar map.

Tom:
Your script doesn't seem to work for me: I select the objects, then Script > Run script > I choose your .ms, and nothing happens. The material of the objects remains the same.
I use 3ds Max 2023.3.4 and Corona 10 HF2.

And about the Triplanar setup: I see in your example you put the Triplanar map before the MappingRandomizer map. It's recommended to do the other way around, first the MappingRandomizer and after the Triplanar map:

https://docs.chaos.com/display/CRMAX/Corona+Mapping+Randomizer#expand-Clickheretoseethematerialsetup

romullus:

--- Quote from: Tom on 2023-11-17, 07:47:52 ---Your script doesn't seem to work for me: I select the objects, then Script > Run script > I choose your .ms, and nothing happens. The material of the objects remains the same.
I use 3ds Max 2023.3.4 and Corona 10 HF2.

--- End quote ---

I didn't test the script yet, but i think when you run it for the first time, it installs macroscript and then you need to go to customize UI, locate installed macroscript and move it to your place of choice in UI, like shortcut, toolbar, quad-menu, etc.

James Vella:

--- Quote from: Tom on 2023-11-17, 07:47:52 ---Your script doesn't seem to work for me: I select the objects, then Script > Run script > I choose your .ms, and nothing happens.

--- End quote ---
The .ms script file is the installer, you can follow the instructions above once you have installed it to create the toolbar icon.

Currently the functionality is only for Randomizer, however not too hard to add a button for the Triplanar. Maybe ill add a small UI to it so you have the option of both or either if thats more useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version