Author Topic: Does Corona 7 work with Max 2023? Is it stable?  (Read 1438 times)

2022-06-16, 12:01:13

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

I've set up Max 2022 on all systems in the office and we're having numerous issues. 

Even though I didn't want to update to the newest Max because of possible plugin etc issues, I'm tempted because I can't use this version for much longer

This was the final straw.  I go this when loading a scene.

Other issues include

• 2022 not even installing on 1 system
  • Has crashed when clearing materials from material editor
  • Max just closed down when doing an insignificant thing (no option to backup)
  • GPU is using 75% when not doing anything in a scene
  • viewports go black
  • max freezes then wakes up
  • some objects with certain corona materials seem to go into wireframe mode
  • sometimes have to minimise/maximise max to wake it up
  • Scene says Max material library missing even though installed on 1 system
  • Corona converter crashed a scene
  • Max closed down when rendering a static

I'm going to ask on the iToo and Chaos forums but has anyone had any issues with Phoenix, Forest Pack/Railclone etc

Also.... we're still using Corona 7 - not 8

Thanks

2022-06-16, 13:56:43
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Compatibility with Max 2023 was introduced with Corona 8. 7 does not have support for 2023 (https://corona-renderer.com/download/old ), sorry.

PS - but why not upgrade to 8 anyway, it has so many cool new features :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-16, 17:32:04
Reply #2

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom:

That's something that I´ve been asking to myself too, why do people dont want to update to Corona 8?

I'm not a Corona user but I often test the newest updates and I think that the newest release has many features that Corone needed, some friends have told me that they are afraid that they will lose the 3 extra nodes that they had with the prior license, now with the new Chaos license system Corona no longer offer that.

Maybe this is something that you guys have to clarify maybe in your Youtube channel or mmmm I dont know, be more clear with that, I have talk to many people that dont want to write in this forums, even that this can solve their issues, not all of them know how to write/speak in English.

2022-06-16, 17:57:09
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
So long as someone is on an active subscription from before the release of 8, and they keep that subscription active and renewing, then pricing and render nodes do not change - a message we have given out since November of last year, and in the release info for Corona 8 too :) And of course on social media, in reply to any users who have any concerns, here on the forums, in newsletters to our userbase. And our customer excellence and support teams are happy to answer any questions if someone sends in a ticket to ask.

It is actually true with every release, and not just with 8, that people can be reluctant to update - that's certainly their choice of course, but we do highly encourage using the latest version, and even more so than ever with 8 because it had so many cool new features in it!

2022-06-17, 17:38:35
Reply #4

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Woow, perfect, thats very convenient, Thanks for your reply!!!!
Another question? what about Perpetual License, I understood that with that license you can have an anual suscription to keep updating, will it be possible to keep the 3 nodes too with that?

Like I said before Im not a Corona user and didnt get too involved with this issue, recenlty I was working briefly with a studio that use Corona and keep me interested in the forum, everyday day I try to enter in all the forums (Vray, iToo) just to read possible issues, solutions and ideas, Its very useful, but like I said, I dont know why all my acquaintances are afraid to enter in the forum, ill try to share your answer in my social media to keep them interested in the updates.

« Last Edit: 2022-06-17, 17:47:27 by RTstudio »

2022-06-17, 17:50:20
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It should be possible to keep any subscription from before the release going at the same price with the same licenses - Box license users from back then may want to pop over to support.chaos.com and "Submit a Request" if they have any questions.

Indeed, forums can be very useful, just to keep a finger on the pulse of CG in general, to see what's going on in several engines and companies - you never know what you might learn, anything from upcoming features to handy tips that apply to any software!

Thank you for spreading the word, that never hurts, and we're happy to chat with anyone who has more specific questions!