Author Topic: Displacement with procedural maps  (Read 2273 times)

2014-02-20, 18:27:26

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i just found a bug with the displacement using procedural maps,

for example use a simple noise map and hit render : Render stuck in "Building the acc. structure" and Max freezes when hit cancel and i must close it through task manager.

I'm using the latest 2014-02-18-legacy build.

2014-02-20, 18:52:11
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I know there was such bug, but I was never able to reproduce it. Do you have any scene to share where it happens?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-20, 21:36:58
Reply #2

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I know there was such bug, but I was never able to reproduce it. Do you have any scene to share where it happens?

i've tested it in my old " ferrero rocher" scene and had this bug, in simple test scenes it works good,i will try to upload

2014-02-20, 22:35:30
Reply #3

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
After testing again the scene but only with one instance only ( very high poly chocolate ball ) + reducing max value of displacement in coronamtl ( it was too much ), it does render fine now !

I guess it's because of lack of memory since there is a lot of instance in the scene  + big disp value.

2014-02-20, 23:10:36
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, that makes sense
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)