Author Topic: denoising  (Read 10821 times)

2016-04-30, 04:23:08

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
how does it work in the new builds? somehow i cant get it to work but at the start as soon as the render ends it usually would denoise, now nothing happens even when i enable it
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2016-04-30, 05:58:56
Reply #1

mitviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
i put it to full denoising and everything else at 1 but nothing, before i would get nice noiseless images but its like the denoise is not working
Mitviz

2016-04-30, 21:03:48
Reply #2

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You should use Stop button on Corona's VFB, if you press Cancel on Max's common rendering window, or use ESC button on keyboard it disables denoising the same as Cancel button of Corona's VFB (drop-down under STOP button)
« Last Edit: 2016-04-30, 21:13:37 by Bormax »

2016-04-30, 21:16:56
Reply #3

mitviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
ahhh! will try that!
Mitviz

2016-04-30, 21:34:18
Reply #4

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW, if you use Max's Cancel or ESC button to stop rendering, Corona doesn't update native VFB after rendering (if your primary VFB type set to Corona VFB) in latest builds. If you use VFB+ this information can be important for you the same as for me because I'm VFB+ user
« Last Edit: 2016-04-30, 21:39:13 by Bormax »

2016-05-01, 08:42:18
Reply #5

mitviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
Thanks Bormax
Mitviz

2016-05-01, 11:19:55
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
BTW, if you use Max's Cancel or ESC button to stop rendering, Corona doesn't update native VFB after rendering (if your primary VFB type set to Corona VFB) in latest builds. If you use VFB+ this information can be important for you the same as for me because I'm VFB+ user

So how do you denoise with Native buffer ? Unless you had time/pass/noise stop setup.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-01, 17:29:02
Reply #7

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile

So how do you denoise with Native buffer ? Unless you had time/pass/noise stop setup.

Hi

Normally I set VFB type to Corona VFB, to have acces to COLOR MAPPING even after render has been stoped, in this case if I changed something afetr render I can Copy Corona VFB using its Ctrl+C button and past it in to VFB+ to get changed version of the picture with VFB+ post effects. With denoising amount situation is the same, so I just set desired noise amount in Corona VFB, press Ctrl+C button there and past it in to VFB+.

Hope that Rotem will implement Corona noise amount srinner to his VFB+ :)
« Last Edit: 2016-05-01, 17:35:55 by Bormax »

2016-05-01, 17:43:26
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ah..that's quite inconvenient... the denoising button could have been in general UI too.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-05-01, 18:30:08
Reply #9

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agree. it's not convinient. But now situation is so that using native VFB as primary VFB type you can't get denoised picture if you didn't use time/pass/noise stop setup. I reported about porblem with VFB update if Cancel/Esc has been used, so maybe Corona team will take care about denoising using native VFB too.

About denoise amount, Corona didn't ever update native VFB after render stoped. I don't think that Corona team is going to change that, so probably denoise amount spinner will be usable after render stoped only in Corona VFB. Maybe we should contact Rotem with this request...
« Last Edit: 2016-05-01, 20:10:17 by Bormax »

2016-05-01, 18:36:06
Reply #10

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Maybe we should contact Rotem with this request...

He seems bit on edge about integrating such render-specific features :- ). But there needs to be some common ground (but there are lot more features, like interactive too).. I can't imagine using Corona without VFB+.

2016-05-01, 19:46:12
Reply #11

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, VFB+ is really useful plugin

2016-05-01, 19:52:09
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
that is by design, to cut the overhead of stopping render (copying the image is not free, it can take hundreds of milliseconds). We changed this because max 2017 introduces clear distinction between cancelling and stopping render.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-02, 07:31:11
Reply #13

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
in this case if I changed something afetr render I can Copy Corona VFB using its Ctrl+C button and past it in to VFB+ to get changed version of the picture with VFB+ post effects. With denoising amount situation is the same, so I just set desired noise amount in Corona VFB, press Ctrl+C button there and past it in to VFB+.

Hope that Rotem will implement Corona noise amount srinner to his VFB+ :)

Keep in mind that going through the clipboard removes your alpha channel and returns an 8-bit image.

I have no wish to replicate the Corona UI into VFB+, that doesn't seem like the right solution for this, but I will take a closer look at Corona integration after I finish the current version.

2016-05-02, 08:25:29
Reply #14

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Rotem!

I'll keep this information in mind. I'll use this way only for preliminary pictures in order to find best settings and render final pictures with those to get everything in full range to VFB+
« Last Edit: 2016-05-02, 08:35:44 by Bormax »