Author Topic: I need help with creating material  (Read 216 times)

2024-04-15, 22:26:24

Simon11

• Active Users
  • Ptaki męczy latanie tak jak ludzi chodzenie
    • View Profile
Hello guys, I dont know how to create this kind of meterial, do you guys saw this type of material on some site or know how to create such structure. I completely dont know how to make roughness and bump map.
https://www.maxfliz.pl/produkt/plytka-ceramiczna-60x120-miin612ly07,15574
New member trying to get more knowledge about the program to get some clients, and start working in the industry. Any tip is worth a lot.

2024-04-15, 22:29:48
Reply #1

Simon11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I created this viz, maybe you can tell whats wrong with he material
New member trying to get more knowledge about the program to get some clients, and start working in the industry. Any tip is worth a lot.

2024-04-15, 23:09:07
Reply #2

Simon11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Update, I found out that I need to work more on bump map rathen than flat diffuse map. Do you know how to create such bump structure ?

2024-04-16, 03:33:40
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

You are pretty close. The effect you are looking for is most probably achieved by reflection glossiness (the inverse of roughness and vice versa) and a bit of bump.
You can simply download the sample from the link you shared as a texture and create different greyscale maps from it for roughness and bump.
I think the part you are missing is the texture mapping/scale at this point, rather than the material channels.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2024-04-16, 14:50:14
Reply #4

Simon11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow, that sound just like the answer to my problem, i have never done that, i mean converting image to bump and gloss but maybe it will work correctly you. I will post the resoult tommorow

2024-04-16, 15:48:48
Reply #5

Simon11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok so there is another problem, my mapping randomizer is creating this weird thing like the black frame in textures, its regullar, do you know how to get rid of this ?

2024-04-16, 21:46:11
Reply #6

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems a tiling issue to me.
I think you should enable the randomization for each tile, and then tweak the settings to your liking.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us