Author Topic: Cooling down the i9-14900K  (Read 1105 times)

2024-01-04, 10:13:43

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm looking for some new workstation build mostly for daily work on a 3d scenes and I thought about the 14900k as it should be pretty snappy. However I wonder on choosing right cooler as there are not many decent reviews when it's running like few days on full load - I'll be doing some long renderings on that also. Does anyone of you have some experience with cooling this cpu?
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2024-01-05, 11:25:54
Reply #1

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
look into undervolting, you will loose a little bit of performance but have a much cooler cpu.
you should be fine with a good air-cooler then. (noctua for example)

2024-01-05, 12:11:17
Reply #2

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

If the cooler is able to manage a 5 minute load, then it will most probably handle a 5 night load too.
Modern CPUs "manage" themselves so they do not overheat - meaning your 14900 with X cooler will pull the best/most/optimum from it, keeping everything "safe", given that you have not manually overclocked it.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2024-01-08, 11:39:08
Reply #3

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
From what I've gathered online is that if you go with say a Noctua D15 (or whatever equivalent from other brands) you'll be fine. Intel's 13th / 14th gen along with Ryzen 7xxx will basically boost into the higher 80s regardless but that doesn't appear to be a problem because we're talking incremental and negligible gains from better cooling (at best).

I'd personally opt for the highest end air cooler reasonable money can buy (like the D15) and I'd feel that'd be a safe choice.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2024-01-08, 23:38:28
Reply #4

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From what I've gathered online is that if you go with say a Noctua D15 (or whatever equivalent from other brands) you'll be fine. Intel's 13th / 14th gen along with Ryzen 7xxx will basically boost into the higher 80s regardless but that doesn't appear to be a problem because we're talking incremental and negligible gains from better cooling (at best).

I'd personally opt for the highest end air cooler reasonable money can buy (like the D15) and I'd feel that'd be a safe choice.

I was thinking of this one so that's going to be my choice :). Thanks.
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile