Author Topic: 1.3 Proxy mapping error  (Read 6162 times)

2015-11-10, 07:00:32

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I faced strange proxy behavior in 1.3

Some proxies (.cbin) have no mapping coordinates in 1.3. I rolled back to 1.2 and the same proxies are good with mapping coordinates. I hope no one will "help" me with advice to convert all my proxies in all projects to newer format!

Scene in attachment.

2015-11-10, 09:10:54
Reply #1

hubrobin

• Active Users
  • Light transport ninja
    • View Profile
Hey fobus,
that is a bug indeed. I will have a look at it. In the mean time I guess there is only one tedious workaround and that is: convert you cbin proxies to cproxy using 1.2. Those should work fine in 1.3.

Sorry about that,
Robin

2015-11-10, 09:47:42
Reply #2

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have found that 1.3 proxy format is completely new .cgeo files. Црн so many formats for proxies and what the differences between them? Do I have to convert .cbin to .cproxy only or I can convert it to new .cgeo?

2015-11-10, 10:23:00
Reply #3

hubrobin

• Active Users
  • Light transport ninja
    • View Profile
So I found the problem in the legacy cbin proxy loader and fixed it. There are still some other things we need to do before we release another daily build though, so it for sure won't be today. Once the daily is out you can work with it directly or you can just use it to convert your cbin proxies to cgeo ones.

At this moment the workaround is like I said. Load your cbin proxies and convert them into cproxy using corona 1.2.x. Those will work in 1.3 just fine and you won't need to convert them any further.

Regarding the format change. With cgeo we took the time to think about the extensibility of the format which was not the case before. So hopefully, we won't need to change the format (i.e. extension) for a long time.

Cheers,
Robin

2015-11-10, 10:25:10
Reply #4

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-11-12, 18:31:27
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
fix in daily is out
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)