Author Topic: Scandinavian bathroom  (Read 2529 times)

2016-08-09, 13:21:34

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
I tried to reproduce an environment in Scandinavian style, hope you like it.
Please comment if you have any critique or suggestion about the renders I made, I want to improve myself :)
Thanks

2016-08-11, 11:07:51
Reply #1

FORM32

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • FORM32 - Home
Hi JacopoGrosso!

Thanks for the comment on my work, I meant to reciprocate sooner. Your interior is really nice, my only comment is that the reflection in the mirror is a bit confusing, seems like the water level is higher than outside, and with that shallow and angle I'd maybe expect to see some sky in the mirror too. Maybe it's accurate, I just find it looks more like a small window than mirror! I'd maybe lower the contrast on the exterior image a little too.

For the exterior, I'd work a bit more detail into the building model itself. I doubt you'd have wood cladding going right down to the soil like that so maybe add in a plinth. The sky here doesn't really match the render, as the sun seems to be setting in that direction where as the scene appears to be lit from behind camera. Lighting wise it's a little flat and overexposed. Also, is that a hole at the back of the interior?

Good work though, a little more work on that exterior will go a long way. Hope my critique is helpful!
Store Page - FORM32 Gumroad

Free Oak Texture - Link

2016-08-12, 12:19:09
Reply #2

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
Thank you for your comment! I see people commenting only perfect renders and others maybe less perfect no comments, but they're useful to learn (I think).

...my only comment is that the reflection in the mirror is a bit confusing, seems like the water level is higher than outside, and with that shallow and angle I'd maybe expect to see some sky in the mirror too. Maybe it's accurate, I just find it looks more like a small window than mirror!...
Yes I admit i cheated :D because I moved the environment outside after the render, in PS and forgot to change the mirror.

For the exterior, I'd work a bit more detail into the building model itself. I doubt you'd have wood cladding going right down to the soil like that so maybe add in a plinth. The sky here doesn't really match the render, as the sun seems to be setting in that direction where as the scene appears to be lit from behind camera. Lighting wise it's a little flat and overexposed.
Ok thanks, because I had problem with HDRI and I used a white flat color.
I always forget of the plinth, my fault.

Also, is that a hole at the back of the interior?
No, it's a door made of fabric, with a little of translucency.

Thank you, every critique is helpful! I want to learn and this is the right way!