General Category > Work in Progress/Tests

first corona interior tests

(1/5) > >>

white:
Hello to everyone!

I´m vray user since i started in 3d-visualisation years ago, so i collected a huge library of models and materials - a main reason, why i´ve never worked with other renderers seriously (also unibiased is too slow for my workflow).
Now, it looks like i´ve found a new baby i can play with - the vray-materials converter is damn great and one of the most important tools for me to keep hands on an alternative render to vray if i wanna make really realistic images!
Also the Backgroundimage-material is very helpful and easy to use!
So i´ve tested corona a few days, here you can see my first test-scene...it looked pretty good after 90 minutes. Finally i wanted to stop rendering, when the darker area in the kitchen on the left is clean enough....Resolution is 1600/928...other information you can see in the picture (corona stamp). CPU ist overlocked to 3,8MHz.

All materials are vray-materials converted with corona-converter-tool. Only played a little with opacity of curtains etc...

I´ve done a quick postwork very slightly. Maybe it doens´t look too realistic as i´ve only a cheap monitor...

Render settings are default (except: Precomp Step of HD-cache is "2").

As i´m new to unibiased, i´m not sure if the value "ray/s" (bottom right corner) is an indicator to speed of rendering?

Ludvik Koutny:
Try following HDcache settings, as they should make rendering faster in a long run.

Precomp branching: 4
HDCache PT Samples: 512

Direction sensitivity: 3
Position sensitivity: 30
Normal sensitivity: 3

(Rest at default)

Never render final rendering with precomp step larger than 1 ;)

And always make sure glass in your windows has mode set to twosided ;)

racoonart:
Very nice setups! I like the look and feel of your images :)
Since I'm always trying to make the converter better: are there any wishes or suggestions for Vray conversion? MR conversion is pretty much 1:1 already but Vray materials are a bit harder to do ;)

maru:
Nice modern interiors. I think something is wrong with lightness-darkness ratio, though. For example in last render I think background should be much brighter, at least for a photorealistic look. But I may be wrong. :)

Ludvik Koutny:

--- Quote from: DeadClown on 2012-11-02, 11:44:04 ---Very nice setups! I like the look and feel of your images :)
Since I'm always trying to make the converter better: are there any wishes or suggestions for Vray conversion? MR conversion is pretty much 1:1 already but Vray materials are a bit harder to do ;)

--- End quote ---

I use Vray regularly at work so i have some knowledge of VrayMTL, but i will need some time to put proper conversion explanation together ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version