General Category > Work in Progress/Tests

dubcats secret little hideout

<< < (83/85) > >>

agentdark45:
Hey Dubcat! Good to see you posting again. Just wondering if you have any inside knowledge from the dev team regarding the new/updated tonemapping features for Corona? Or if you've made any more progress with your LUT/VFB settings in nailing the "DSLR" look?

I've been working more with FStorm recently and while not strictly related to tonemapping another nifty thing I've noticed is the way noise clears up - images are a lot more "analogue" in the way noise is distributed/cleared, which also feeds into some of the magic that can be achieved with the engine. It's quite hard to describe properly, but you can definitely get away with more pleasing noisier images without the clear giveaway of the "obvious" CGI style noise - it's quite a lot closer to film.

mantaskava:

--- Quote from: mantaskava on 2019-07-24, 14:36:23 ---To me it looks like reflection gets sharper towards the light source, just like in fstorm, but maybe I'm wrong.

--- End quote ---

The devs told me that this effect should be included in the GGX shader.

And as far as I know, Corona IS actually using GGX shader? Which means there's no need for falloff nodes in Roughness slot or any other kind of "tricks" . Right?
Thank you for your time!

Nejc Kilar:

--- Quote from: mantaskava on 2019-10-03, 15:49:37 ---
--- Quote from: mantaskava on 2019-07-24, 14:36:23 ---To me it looks like reflection gets sharper towards the light source, just like in fstorm, but maybe I'm wrong.

--- End quote ---

The devs told me that this effect should be included in the GGX shader.

And as far as I know, Corona IS actually using GGX shader? Which means there's no need for falloff nodes in Roughness slot or any other kind of "tricks" . Right?
Thank you for your time!

--- End quote ---

Yes, Corona uses GGX and it should have that behavior included. Why the F-Storm implementation is great is because it gives you a quick option to control the falloff using one single parameter box. No need for falloff nodes and things like that. Just that one parameter and you can adjust it freely :) Of course, for uber control you'd still want to use the falloff nodes but it really does come in handy.

dubcat:

--- Quote from: maru on 2019-09-30, 17:08:10 ---Dunno but I think something's not right with the girl's brows.

--- End quote ---

hehe

--- Quote from: agentdark45 on 2019-09-30, 20:08:57 ---images are a lot more "analogue" in the way noise is distributed/cleared, it's quite a lot closer to film.

--- End quote ---

I know exactly what you mean!
I was talking with the devs a year ago or maybe two, and this feature was included in the early Corona builds, but they had to remove it for some technical reason.
You can manually adjust the "Image Filter (Width [px]) in Systems or find VFB blur setting that mimic this 1 perfect pixel 50% side blur effect. VFB blur has to be adjusted if you change render size.

fstorm sample

corona sample

--- Quote from: mantaskava on 2019-10-03, 15:49:37 ---And as far as I know, Corona IS actually using GGX shader?

--- End quote ---
Yes as nkilar responded.

amrelshipli:
Hi dubcat ! am impressed by ur posts here .. can i ask u q ? can i produce photos from corona renderer like fstorm renderer without postproduction ?
Any secrets in materials ! lightining ! Luts !
Another thing ! i downloaded portable version of 3d lut creator ? i can export any luts when i export i didn't work ? is there a solution

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version