Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42181 times)

2023-06-13, 12:25:07
Reply #180

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Good day guys, I think corona RC3 is having issues reding licenses for nodes in backburner and DR, have made test with 4 scenes, 3 simple and one complex, same result, also AMD threadripper performance has drop considerably, in some cases my 3090x is giving me bigger times than my 3970x and even more crazy, an i9 9900k gave me similar results as the 3090x, also test in RC2 and got same results, Also constant drops and DR but in backburner the RC2 was reading the licenses fine,  ill try to upload more info but Im in a deadline right now

That's pretty concerning. The team does have Threadripper guy (Neic), but he's on Cinema4D). There definitely should be more testing done on big platforms given their peculiarities. Every once in a while, either due to Corona, or Windows/Corona something the performance on big Threadrippers (32+, mostly the 64-core) dives to 50perc.
Hi,

We do indeed test on these platforms. So far in our tests, we did not experience anything like this.
If possible @VASLAVO can you send over a scene and we can investigate?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-06-13, 16:33:11
Reply #181

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes Rowan, ill try later this evening or tomorrow morning to provide both scenes, today is impossible for me, thanks.

VK

2023-06-14, 01:47:08
Reply #182

somayrah

• Active Users
  • Less is more
    • View Profile
Hello,

All Daily builds RC1, RC2 and RC3 had slow and bad performance with Corona Layard mtl when used it with surface imperfections masks.

Thanks,

2023-06-14, 09:56:17
Reply #183

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello,

All Daily builds RC1, RC2 and RC3 had slow and bad performance with Corona Layard mtl when used it with surface imperfections masks.

Thanks,

Could you please contact us about this here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
If you are able to share a sample scene, please do.
Thank you in advance.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-06-14, 18:45:59
Reply #184

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
When volume effect is enabled inside of CoronaSky, clouds are being cut with straight line. Is that considered as bug ? I dont think its a feature, looks very unnatural.

Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2023-06-14, 19:02:07
Reply #185

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
When volume effect is enabled inside of CoronaSky, clouds are being cut with straight line. Is that considered as bug ? I dont think its a feature, looks very unnatural.
Volume effect and clouds are currently not supported together.

We have it logged, but don't have any ETA on when it might be fixed.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=959673718)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-06-14, 20:37:56
Reply #186

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Volume effect and clouds are currently not supported together.

We have it logged, but don't have any ETA on when it might be fixed.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=959673718)

Thanks for letting me know. I do lot of exteriors lately with land mass visible at the distance so i use this feature A LOT. Hopefully it`ll be fixed soon. I`ll keep photoshopping for now.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2023-06-19, 03:34:54
Reply #187

las_Archviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i wish i knew about HQ denoiser that's its not great at all, guys thanks for the new updates and everything, but corona needs timing improvements.
i have always been using the HQ denoiser, today after reading some replies i tried the intel one, and man its much much better, even with 8% noise it looks like 3% with HQ denoiser.

i rendered like 200 Spherical 360 images, it took me exactly 1 month straight i mean 30 days of full 24h rendering with a 3950x, if i knew that it would save lots and lots of time and the result would be much better.
i was using HQ with 3% which was not great but i had to do it because of timing.

2023-06-19, 11:14:55
Reply #188

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I only learned it randomly myself :- ). The Intel Denoiser was improved as well, it was originally just like nVidia OPTIX Denoiser, smudging textures too much, and also slow since it wasn't real-time like nVidia.
It's still not real-time, but the quality is now really good, exactly good enough from like 8perc. noise! For me it saves massive amount of time for previews.

There is apparently a newer version that could be integrated, so hopefully Corona team focuses on that, I don't think there is any point at keeping the HQ Denoiser. HQ Filter and DOF Solver are nice but for future, denoising will pretty much be necessary for 99perc. of scenes.
I have powerful workstations, Threadripper and Xeons, and render-farm, and my renders still take many hours and need denoising. Because there is always more technical quality to be done, more polygons, more resolution textures, more complicated shaders, etc.. the performance is not really growing that fast enough. So Denoising is pretty much the only future for off-line rendering (it's pretty much always done for real-time rendering which couldn't exist without it).

Perfect Denoising is the future of ray-tracing. There.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-06-19, 12:21:12
Reply #189

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I don't think there is any point at keeping the HQ Denoiser.

While using Intel AI as default denoiser, there are still scenes/cases where HQ does a very good job in comparison. Especially using stills + lightmix with large exposure ranges. But yes, that may change in the future.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-06-19, 12:39:25
Reply #190

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You're right, had not thought of that, but I avoid using LightMix as final image for that very reason.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-06-19, 15:25:33
Reply #191

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Build RC3

3ds Max freezes for a short time and then crashes to desktop at the attempt to edit Corona color correct map's curve. At the moment of crash IR was not running and the color correct was not even plugged into anything. The issue is repeatable.

The issue is being investigated by the team.
« Last Edit: 2023-06-19, 16:40:16 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-06-19, 19:47:44
Reply #192

las_Archviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yeah the intel one is much better, i actually stopped using lightmix for final renders, i think it will add lots of time to process, and even after they added support for MTL lights in the light lister, I don't even use light mix anymore.

2023-06-19, 19:55:32
Reply #193

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having a crash with RC 3 where I select a group of lights, hit 'make unique' and when it asks me 'make unique with respect to each other' it crashes every time when I click 'No.'  3ds Max 2024.1, RC3, Windows 10.  I'll try to see how small a scene it can be for sending and still crash, it's a fairly large scene and under NDA.  Just curious if anyone else has had similar issues in the meantime.

2023-06-19, 20:37:04
Reply #194

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I am having a crash with RC 3 where I select a group of lights, hit 'make unique' and when it asks me 'make unique with respect to each other' it crashes every time when I click 'No.'  3ds Max 2024.1, RC3, Windows 10.  I'll try to see how small a scene it can be for sending and still crash, it's a fairly large scene and under NDA.  Just curious if anyone else has had similar issues in the meantime.

I can confirm, Max crashes for me either. Same setup here.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures