Author Topic: New Corona Lister Feedback  (Read 8347 times)

2023-02-17, 18:06:41

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi all,

In Corona 10 daily builds we introduce a reworked Corona Lister 2.0. Here are some of its features:
- The old version could only list lights, the new one lists lights and cameras in separate tabs.
- If an object has instances, they are displayed in a nested list where the top-level item controls the common parameters (such as light intensity).
- You can control instance name and selection individually per each sub-list item.
- You can select all instances by selecting the top-level item.
- You can hide and unhide columns.
Note #1: We are aware that the UI needs some more polishing - for example, some checkboxes should be centered.
Note #2: We already have some further improvements on our TODOs, so stay tuned for updates!

We are curious about your feedback: Is everything working as expected? Would you like to see some improvements in the UI and functionality? Is this something you will be commonly using in your projects?

Thanks in advance!

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-02-27, 19:04:08
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
New in 27.02 daily build:

- Action items - useful actions for cameras/lights under a single button
- Hidden columns are now remembered between 3ds Max sessions
- Columns with checkbox or action button are not resized

2023-03-04, 18:09:35
Reply #2

LE DON

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is it possible to add a separate render resolution setting for each camera

2023-03-04, 18:42:37
Reply #3

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1

2023-03-05, 04:54:20
Reply #4

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+

2023-03-06, 13:13:01
Reply #5

Place

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1

2023-03-06, 21:30:59
Reply #6

las_Archviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello guys, i wish you could add a list for the proxies and its options, because sometimes i want to change them all at the same time for every single proxy i have to do it one by one, and i wish there was a way to convert proxies to obj.s with one click.

2023-03-07, 09:16:40
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We will see if this can be done, but can't promise anything. Generally, the lister has access to any option available in the object. Since there is no option to control resolution in Corona Camera, and generally it is handled by 3ds Max, we may not be able to do it.

(Internal ID=1071881427)

hello guys, i wish you could add a list for the proxies and its options, because sometimes i want to change them all at the same time for every single proxy i have to do it one by one, and i wish there was a way to convert proxies to obj.s with one click.
We are planning a Proxy lister.

« Last Edit: 2023-03-07, 17:42:25 by maru »

2023-03-08, 13:55:10
Reply #8

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys, grea work as always and it woud be awesome to have a proxy lister, scatter lister and also include the sun on the light lister or on a different tab, i think this will speed upa lot of process.

2023-03-08, 14:00:34
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello guys, grea work as always and it woud be awesome to have a proxy lister, scatter lister and also include the sun on the light lister or on a different tab, i think this will speed upa lot of process.

We are working on all of this. :)
*not exactly sure about the sun being in a different tab

2023-03-08, 15:02:48
Reply #10

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
We will see if this can be done, but can't promise anything. Generally, the lister has access to any option available in the object. Since there is no option to control resolution in Corona Camera, and generally it is handled by 3ds Max, we may not be able to do it.
(Internal ID=1071881427)

This is possible with the Scene Manager plugin from Pulze. So maybe there's some help to get from there/them?
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2023-04-24, 11:08:27
Reply #11

kino_unico

• Active Users
    • View Profile
add please
+ proxy
+ scatters
+ sun
+ sky
+ Environment

2023-04-27, 10:04:35
Reply #12

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
add please
+ proxy
+ scatters
+ sun
+ sky
+ Environment
Proxy and scatter are coming in the next daily, Sun is already there you'll need to install the latest daily for it..

I'll make a note of the others :)

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-04-27, 10:21:07
Reply #13

kino_unico

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-05-11, 10:10:38
Reply #14

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
I like new proxy lister, its snappy and fast but for managing huge amount of proxies, id love to see some features from 3rd party script (CoronaProxyLister) but not sure if its possible to implement them this way.

- manually selecting proxy file in the scene which is instanced and part of the "instance group" is not highlighted in new proxy lister. So basically selecting any proxy which is instanced = you cant find highlighted in proxy lister.

- would be possible to add toggle to disable grouping of instanced proxies ? I basically have no idea where to look for specific files becase all i see are just groups (filename visible but important is how is file named in the scene) > https://i.gyazo.com/2f4f6ab53a507845ea4ddd04fc008b64.png

- I would love to see ability to use shift and ctrl while making selection instead of clicking on "sel" button. Selecting 150 unique proxies which are randomly spread in the scene by clicking "sel"  button is very time consuming. It would take 5s to just hold shift and select first and last > https://i.gyazo.com/be428b8fd09cc571ac70a74a74b1bdb8.mp4

- I also miss ability to change properties of group of proxies which are not instanced. For example, i have 200 unique proxy files in scene but i want to quickly select them, change previz type from wire box to point cloud. In CoronaProxyLister i can do it quickly by selecting said proxies in the scene and with click of one button change previz type for all of them > https://i.gyazo.com/64e202ea545d9b104e7ff1dbeb559c14.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/be428b8fd09cc571ac70a74a74b1bdb8.mp4
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha