Author Topic: interactive rendering restarts on mouse move  (Read 7512 times)

2018-06-05, 21:36:44
Reply #15

Dung (Ivan)

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
@Ben @Juraj

I've been investigating the issue thoroughly and it really seems to be caused by 3ds Max file backup. When I had it disabled, I didn't encounter any resets even when I flew my mouse all over the place selecting and deselecting objects, turning sub-windows on and off.

While 3ds Max file backup was turned on, I was able to reproduce the same thing in Bens video. The thing here is that it's not always backing up files. It backed up whenever I selected and deselected an object (nothing else done to it, just select and deselect). But if I just move around with my mouse and change window focus, IR runs uninterupted.

Another thing would be Camera settings, I used CoronaCam, PhysCam, Target Cam and Free Cam. All with default settings. If you had other setting on your cameras, would you mind telling me? Or even better, if you still encounter this issue with disabled file back up. Would you mind sharing the scene itself?

Thank you very much

2018-07-05, 17:45:37
Reply #16

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Maybe some special scene objects cause this additionally? I'm able to reproduce it at least with a GrowIvy (v 0.97b) object. Even just selecting the move or rotate button from the main toolbar or activating snaps causes a restart. Also having snaps on and moving the mouse over the (currently rendererd) viewport. This happens in every type of viewport, no cam needed. Applying a edit mesh on top resolves this.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-09-14, 11:29:46
Reply #17

zeleal95

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

This same issue is happening to me and I tried to disable auto back up but it's still happening.

There's any other solution? I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you

2023-09-19, 15:12:30
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This same issue is happening to me and I tried to disable auto back up but it's still happening.
There's any other solution? I don't know what to do anymore.

Hi, can you please explain what exactly is happening? Also, which versions of Corona and Max are you using?
If you are getting a freeze in the VFB unless you move it or click inside it, then please see here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=34859.msg202882#msg202882
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-09-19, 17:05:47
Reply #19

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think this is solved, separate thread here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40958.msg216866#msg216866
OP didn't update the thread, so for all interested - it was the 'Section' object, apparently it continuously triggers a scene refresh.

2023-09-19, 17:38:47
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks, I'm a bit out of the loop. I'm glad that it's solved and maybe we could fix IR with this specific object.

2023-09-20, 16:24:20
Reply #21

Hubl

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Interactive rendering restarts when changing materials name :-( thats really sad :-(

2023-09-20, 16:32:31
Reply #22

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We revisited this multiple times and unfortunately we can't fix it. It's a 3ds Max limitation and it also happens in other renderers.