Author Topic: Interior animation render  (Read 1391 times)

2021-07-11, 08:40:30

Crimson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HI, I am having issues with setting up an interior scene for animation.

The camera will do a full 360 animation around the laptop on the desk to show the entire bedroom environment.
Ideally I want to have the background in C4D.
Is the correct method to apply this to the native background object?

The main issue is:-

I want to render the animation and composite the background in post.
I have set the render to PNG to get transparency but as you can see in attached images (PNG EXPORT + alpha) the glass is an odd shade of gray.

Also there is a lot of highlight burn around the dividers and frame of the windows.
I have my camera highlight compression set to 15.

What is the correct way to go about set this scene up for a 360 animation and be able to replace the background?

I have attached all details to this message, please let me know if you require any further information

2021-07-13, 07:18:01
Reply #1

Crimson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone got any ideas on how to solved this please?

2021-07-13, 09:38:03
Reply #2

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First, do you even need glass panes there since they're getting blown out anyway you might as well hide them it's not like they're contributing much to the scene?
If not, you'll need to set up a separate mask for them and then composite the alpha and the windowpane maks to get what you need to replace the background.

As for the highlight burn, you'll probably need to go to corona render settings>frame buffer settings and play with highlight clamping. Search through the corona helpdocs there's an article on how that clamping works vs the camera clamping