Author Topic: Importing huge dwg 3dmax  (Read 6715 times)

2016-11-10, 18:48:16

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
hi,

i'm going crazy to import a huge set of dwg (the building is approx 6000m2 * 3floor) ..... i think the problem is the level of detail of the drawing, infact That is approx 1: 1 ....
here there is an example ....
i can not find a good choice to import all the set of drawing, considering That All the windows are blocks and modify them is pretty impossible (too much time .... there is no time), in your opinion what is best solution?
i've already try to import and attach dwg, but when i'm going to draw (it's a basic draw with line and vertex snap) max freeze and becames sloooooww!!

Thanks
Fat biker bounce better

2016-11-10, 19:15:39
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Do a pre-clean in ACAD (or wherever) and most important: don´t import hatches :) Can only tell from the detail you attached. You may convert hatches to fillings so they arrive as polys in max.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-11-10, 21:13:49
Reply #2

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
The only solution is to clean up the dwg. Not other solution
Also, better a few layers, with a lot of lines inside.
Don't create too much layers.

2016-11-10, 22:12:49
Reply #3

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
 Hi thanks for the answer.
Usually when I import a cad file my workflow is to purge and verify and deleting all the hatch from the drawings, the next step is move all into one layer with all blocks exploded.
After all of this steps the result is a file of 1mb but still impossible to use in max, maybe there are too much little curve in the facade system/door/finiture....
The only way is to put under separated layer this object, onestley is the first time that I have this problem with the import.
Thanks for the help.
Fat biker bounce better

2016-11-10, 23:02:08
Reply #4

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Did you check the distance from drawing origin (0;0;0). If it's to far away Max will react in a severe way.

Another thing could be if your import is set to "Entity" instead of layer. To many object makes max choke.

Hope it helps

2016-11-10, 23:16:04
Reply #5

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
use join command to join all the lines into a single poly line  (join or j )

2016-11-11, 06:26:14
Reply #6

kurantransfer

• Active Users
  • great software
    • View Profile
You can use ucs command in Autocad to move the oırigin to a point in drawing where it would not impact the max file....

2016-11-11, 09:07:31
Reply #7

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I find that viewport performance increases dramatically when you convert your VIZBlocks to splines.

2016-11-11, 09:44:56
Reply #8

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
hi,

thanks for the help, the drawings are already set on the origin and the blocks are exploded to put all under one layer.
Fat biker bounce better

2016-11-11, 12:16:08
Reply #9

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It looks to me like the cad has been generated from Revit. Could you not get hold of the revit file?
I might be wrong but the detail indicated looks like something revit would shove out.

2016-11-11, 12:45:37
Reply #10

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
It looks to me like the cad has been generated from Revit. Could you not get hold of the revit file?
I might be wrong but the detail indicated looks like something revit would shove out.

the drawing it's all made by the office where i'm working.....it's alla autocad
Fat biker bounce better

2016-11-11, 12:46:19
Reply #11

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Kudos on putting that much detail in an autocad drawing!! Can i ask why you dont use revit? Just out of curiosity?

2016-11-11, 14:00:41
Reply #12

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
Kudos on putting that much detail in an autocad drawing!! Can i ask why you dont use revit? Just out of curiosity?

Because............ i dont know why!:)
Fat biker bounce better

2016-11-15, 10:43:33
Reply #13

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You can use ucs command in Autocad to move the oırigin to a point in drawing where it would not impact the max file....

And how do you proceed from there? I tried that regulary but the current UCS is ignored when importing/linking into max.

If you do a wblock of the entire drawing, the objects are indeed at the UCS origin but pivots of blocks are still on their old position, what causes the same inaccuracy problems. I always ended in movin stuff to zero. Would you mind to share your trick?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-11-29, 16:28:08
Reply #14

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
finally i've found the solution, the problem was the adaptive degradation....
Fat biker bounce better