Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 130693 times)

2017-03-03, 21:38:58
Reply #435

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I use the 24 feb and it's ok.
But, yf you want to change the light intensity in the MEditor sample, you have to use this string in the "String option" dialog (Development/experimental stuff)

float mtlEditor.lightsIntensity = 1.0

Yes I know and thanks in any case for the string but the default settings for the average users should be OK in theory.

I use the latest build and I think the 24/02 one had no issues on this.

Thanks,

Dionysios

2017-03-03, 23:04:09
Reply #436

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic

2017-03-04, 11:57:04
Reply #437

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I also noticed latest nightly resets all system settings, not very nice :/

2017-03-04, 12:26:53
Reply #438

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In latest Daily Build from 2017-03-01 randomly still exist problem with stopping long time render+DR mode/
The process simply don't stopping at all, only via Task Manager /End Process/ with crashing 3dmax//
Buttons Stop/Cancel don't stopping the process at all///
It's happened also with the not so heavy scenes and models, but with long time render and DR///

2017-03-04, 12:50:56
Reply #439

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
In latest Daily Build from 2017-03-01 randomly still exist problem with stopping long time render+DR mode/
The process simply don't stopping at all, only via Task Manager /End Process/ with crashing 3dmax//
Buttons Stop/Cancel don't stopping the process at all///
It's happened also with the not so heavy scenes and models, but with long time render and DR///

Yes I confirm, already post it in the DR bugs session.

2017-03-05, 02:10:16
Reply #440

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

IR doesn't work for me anymore what so ever, Build 2017-03-01,just renders black.

2017-03-05, 02:15:03
Reply #441

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

IR doesn't work for me anymore what so ever, Build 2017-03-01,just renders black.

Last daily build has buggy VFB regions, are you using them? If so, try to remove/disable them.

2017-03-05, 11:10:01
Reply #442

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
little comparsion....pretty tha same with the last two DB.....i told a lie:)
Fat biker bounce better

2017-03-06, 22:47:57
Reply #443

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Added Psycho random sampler
What is psycho random sampler, why does it look so awesome and is it related to VPL?
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2017-03-06, 22:51:16
Reply #444

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
  • Added Psycho random sampler
What is psycho random sampler, why does it look so awesome and is it related to VPL?
it was a bug in random sampler too awesome to fix. The mechanism of the artifacts is actually similar to VPLs (correlation), but otherwise it is not much related
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-06, 23:00:36
Reply #445

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
but otherwise it is not much related
I was already desperately googling, hoping to find some obscure paper. It definitely was funny, seeing a copy of the teapot projected onto the bottom in the first pass.
Speaking of which, do you still plan on releasing a paper on your magic mis Enviro Sampling algorithm?
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2017-03-07, 04:46:07
Reply #446

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I am having an odd problem and a nightmare render.

I don't know if its the newer daily builds or just corona in general as I only just noticed this now, but using 3 rendernodes on DR, I noticed the main computer renders A LOT slower than the nodes suddently (they are all the same specs).

This gives me some really odd and wrong results where the DR "bands" the image is split into is completly out of wack in noise levels.

I have attached an image showing how my main computer is barely rendering and all the passes are from DR nodes.  also shows the "band" that is normal but stays around because the main computer renders so few passes that the difference is huge.

2017-03-07, 22:10:19
Reply #447

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I don't know if its the newer daily builds or just corona in general as I only just noticed this now, but using 3 rendernodes on DR, I noticed the main computer renders A LOT slower than the nodes suddently (they are all the same specs).

This gives me some really odd and wrong results where the DR "bands" the image is split into is completly out of wack in noise levels.

I have attached an image showing how my main computer is barely rendering and all the passes are from DR nodes.  also shows the "band" that is normal but stays around because the main computer renders so few passes that the difference is huge.

Change the "Max Pixels to transfer at once:" to the size of your image.
Worked for me.

The master computer also is slower in my test, but not so much.

Ronald

2017-03-08, 04:38:18
Reply #448

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

Change the "Max Pixels to transfer at once:" to the size of your image.
Worked for me.

The master computer also is slower in my test, but not so much.

Ronald

Interesting, what is weird is that everything just works perfectly as expected 1.5.2.  I understand that DR is being rewritten in 1.6 but that seems to not be intended.

2017-03-08, 08:53:31
Reply #449

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Having a rough time with the IR view
Just changing frames, scene is not too heavy (31mil) - about 20- proxy trees, seems to take along time to move frame views, like parsing or something.
not performing like 1.5.2 did in IR.

same PC, same win10 version