Author Topic: Physical camera to Corona Camera  (Read 562 times)

2023-01-19, 11:55:15

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I imported cameras and have them in max - How do i convert them to Corona camera's?
If i cant how do i create them in that exact same place?

cheers
Mo

2023-01-19, 12:13:11
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't know if there's automated way of doing this, but if there's not very many cameras in your scene, you can "convert" them manually. To do this, first switch to the camera view in the viewport, then press "p" to switch to perspective and in Corona toolbar press create Corona camera from view. The new camera will be placed at exactly the same position as the old one and their field of view will be matching. Keep in mind that the new camera will not inherit more advanced effects, like exposure, shutter speed, DOF, etc. - you'll have to re-create these manually.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-01-19, 12:31:20
Reply #2

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
It is a simple process as romullus explained but there can be a problem with going out of a camera in perspective with "P" and not be in the same position.
It has to do with the shift option I would guess, as if you have the "Auto Vertical Tilt Correction" or "Automatic Vertical shift" the shift it normally hidden. And transitioning in perspective it places in a different height from camera, and in some extreme perspectives the change can be quite drastic.
Maybe just turn off those options before doing this "Conversion".

2023-01-19, 14:38:03
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Depending on the functionality and changes needed to be done for manual conversion, it may be an option to select all cameras and apply CoronaCameraMod modifier to them. It will be an instanced modifier, so if there are changes that are for all cameras, like enabling motion blur or DOF, you can change it quickly for all by just changing a parameter on one camera with instanced (written in italic) CoronaCameraMod modifier. Then when a camera needs to become unique from the rest, you can Right Click on the modifier stack (for single or multiple camera selection) and Make unique. Then continue changing the parameters.

Hope this helps.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-01-19, 15:24:52
Reply #4

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-01-19, 20:29:21
Reply #5

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also want to turn standard lights that i imported into Corona IES lights...

Is that possible?