Author Topic: VrayHDRI  (Read 24247 times)

2014-06-10, 15:54:19
Reply #15

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you use VrayHDRI loader just for the environment maps, and not for example tiled EXRs for displacement, then there is absolutely nothing 3ds Max's native bitmap loader does not have compared to VrayHDRI. Only difference is that VrayHDRI has it concentrated on the one place.

Ground projection !

2014-06-10, 16:30:28
Reply #16

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you use VrayHDRI loader just for the environment maps, and not for example tiled EXRs for displacement, then there is absolutely nothing 3ds Max's native bitmap loader does not have compared to VrayHDRI. Only difference is that VrayHDRI has it concentrated on the one place.
The normal bitmap loader doesn't offer probe projection, I think.

2014-06-10, 18:45:41
Reply #17

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Probe projection? Who use mirror ball made hdr maps anyway? :]
And what is ground projection?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-06-11, 01:57:09
Reply #18

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ground projection is in v3, you'll quickly spot it ! http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3/VRayHDRI

2014-06-14, 12:19:54
Reply #19

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
Someone know how to resize an hdri map ? i use vrayhdri and in spherical mode there is no way to set the tilling, very annoying

i am curious... to what end would you want to tile or resize a spherical hdr image, or how should that work?

cheers,

chris.

Heh, however weird that sounds, it's not a problem :- ) The tiling happens in the rectangular image, so very simple.
But what's the practical use of that, I've got no idea.

hehe... ok! thanks juraj, good to know you were wondering too. i know it would be possible but just didn´t get why one would want to do that...

as mentioned, it would probably be best to try and play with the focal length of the camera as to avoid the close up effect. otherwise... switching backplates for something else? but that might only be an option for things like architectural renderings with lots of foreground going on anyway.

the coolest little thing in corona VS vray for me is that you get alpha channel anyway, even if you don´t override the visibility of the HDR (which you would normally have to do in vray in for example the dome light, ticked to "not visible") - so you get the best of both worlds, i mean you see the HDR background but can choose to dismiss it with a click should you want to.

2014-06-14, 13:43:14
Reply #20

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Vray 3 solved that dilema/workaround by giving domelight alphachannel option.

But why that took 10 years is questionable.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-06-14, 15:44:11
Reply #21

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
Vray 3 solved that dilema/workaround by giving domelight alphachannel option.

But why that took 10 years is questionable.

ah, yeah! well, good to know juraj, even if this is the corona forum and i am steering off topic. we didn´t make the move to vray 3.0 for some reasons, wanted to hold off till this summer. and with the speed corona is developing at the moment we are quite happy with that, so we will see... are the new shader options for this advanced glossy stuff beyond phong/blinn and so on now part of the vray 3 material shader?

cheers,

chris.

2014-06-14, 19:33:12
Reply #22

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
GGX is only part of experimental night build.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-06-17, 17:37:17
Reply #23

whew

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone have problems showing Environment VrayHDRI in the viewport of Max 2016?
Mine draws it pure white, not depending on the multiplier.
Standart Bitmap works ok.

2015-06-17, 17:51:31
Reply #24

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone have problems showing Environment VrayHDRI in the viewport of Max 2016?
Mine draws it pure white, not depending on the multiplier.
Standart Bitmap works ok.

Works fine for me using the latest Vray version. "Overall mult" changes works in the viewport as well. I did have some trouble with that about a week ago, perhaps with the previous Vray version.

2015-06-17, 18:06:49
Reply #25

whew

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Works fine for me using the latest Vray version. "Overall mult" changes works in the viewport as well. I did have some trouble with that about a week ago, perhaps with the previous Vray version.

I use 3.00.08. Which one do you use?

2015-06-17, 18:09:39
Reply #26

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use 3.00.08. Which one do you use?

I use 3.20.02. Try to upgrade to the latest version and see if that helps?

2015-06-17, 19:01:29
Reply #27

whew

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use 3.20.02. Try to upgrade to the latest version and see if that helps?

it worked! thanks a lot!

2015-08-09, 22:01:35
Reply #29

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can somebody help me? I want to use cylindrical panorama (on corona light) with hdri lighting together, but i cannot exclude panorama object from hdri lighting... That is normal i think :). But how i can do this another way?