Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 209654 times)

2017-04-13, 10:56:37
Reply #135

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will give that a try digitaluka

@Lamarc re the rounding edges - there are different options for its behavior in the settings here.

Beta 1 7th April BUGS for me....

Bloom and Glare not working here - anyone else? EDIT: just tried a separate quick test file and can get it to work so will need to see why my main file isnt working.

Corona still using a lot of CPU after render has stopped.

Both of these are quite a big issue and new since A6.3

EDIT AGAIN: So there has obviously been some changes to bloom and glare with multipass. If I select beauty pass in the VFB I can get B+G to work but when I want to adjust the light mix the B+G disappears and I can adjust the light mix. There is also now a B+G layer which is great but just comes out black for me which might indicate a bug. So it is not possible to view both the light mix and the B+G at the same time from what I can tell. Also the B+G on the beauty pass is not being transferred to the C4D PV - but I suppose the B+G shouldnt be on the beauty really. so I think there is a bug with the separate B+G pass not working in MP and that is causing knock on strange behaviors. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be helpful.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13, 13:16:05 by Rhodesy »

2017-04-13, 15:04:55
Reply #136

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Not sure if anyone has found this out or everyone knows about it except me. If you enable Cinema 4D's 'Interactive Render Region'  you can actually see your changes update. It's a little slow but still handy for small stuff.
Correct, I use it all the time.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2017-04-13, 19:55:48
Reply #137

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-04-13, 21:27:18
Reply #138

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona image editor requesting the license?

2017-04-13, 21:48:36
Reply #139

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It offered me to activate a 45-days demo license, which worked.

2017-04-16, 07:20:45
Reply #140

sonnar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
VBF post settings getting reset after a while, happened to me 3 times in the same project, not sure what causing it, it happens when I press render to picture viewer, but not often, like once in 20 minutes (render initiated 10-20 times)

2017-04-17, 19:19:43
Reply #141

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bloom and Glare not function

Leo

2017-04-17, 20:15:06
Reply #142

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bloom and Glare not function

Leo

They work. But not properly, as I had to find out.
Switching them on and setting a value is not enough, I need to crank up the values and b(l)oom - the effects show.
When dialing them down to sensible values, the first get stronger until they work as expected.
I would describe the problem as a strong lag/delay and refreshment issues with these effects.

2017-04-18, 09:17:20
Reply #143

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

don't work, what should I do?

2017-04-18, 09:58:29
Reply #144

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

don't work, what should I do?
Hi, this will be fixed in tomorrow daily build.

2017-04-18, 16:23:53
Reply #145

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
there is the possibility to create an autosave file of CXR? Because in the case of queued render how do we save the file automatically (CXR)?
thanks

2017-04-18, 18:22:33
Reply #146

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I do not know if it has already been mentioned: The noise shader in the bump channel does not look good at all:

> [test B1 noise.jpg] noise shader in bump channel
> [test B1 noise bitmap] the same noise, but as a bitmap
> [test B1 noise displ] noise shader in displace channel

Whether it was so in version A6, I do not know. Since I could not use any noise shader in A6, because Cinema always crashed.

Corona Beta 1 from 2017-04-07

Hi, Allertaler!

I just tried this in beta1 from 2017-04-13 with noise shader, with bitmap (baked noise texture) and Corona bitmap and it looks OK to me. Sure, if you set the strength too high with the noise shader, you're bound to get crazy results, but otherwise, displacement and bump always correspond to each other, not like in your images. Could you maybe ellaborate on what exactly is wrong and if possible, make a scene where we can easily see what you mean? Thanks!

2017-04-18, 18:50:13
Reply #147

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Curious as to when we might see some new features in the Beta version?

2017-04-19, 09:01:53
Reply #148

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do not know if it has already been mentioned: The noise shader in the bump channel does not look good at all:

Whether it was so in version A6, I do not know. Since I could not use any noise shader in A6, because Cinema always crashed.

Hi, Allertaler!

I just tried this in beta1 from 2017-04-13 with noise shader, with bitmap (baked noise texture) and Corona bitmap and it looks OK to me. Sure, if you set the strength too high with the noise shader, you're bound to get crazy results, but otherwise, displacement and bump always correspond to each other, not like in your images. Could you maybe ellaborate on what exactly is wrong and if possible, make a scene where we can easily see what you mean? Thanks!

Hi houska,

thank you for your efforts. I tried again with a simple shader ball. The view with a noise shader in the bump channel will not be nicer. I have attached the scene and 2 screenshots.

2017-04-19, 10:03:16
Reply #149

Aenard

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi, Allertaler!

Hi houska,

thank you for your efforts. I tried again with a simple shader ball. The view with a noise shader in the bump channel will not be nicer. I have attached the scene and 2 screenshots.

Same problem here, procedural noise gives me strange results in bump but is fine in displace. Made a couple of renders without reflection on the same scene, but also had the problem on another scene so i don't think it's scene related.