Author Topic: Corona 4 crashes with Corona Distance from prev. versions  (Read 5652 times)

2019-06-23, 15:07:53

kseniya

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 2kviz Studio
Hello,

I upgrade to corona 4, and the scenes that were rendering fine in corona 3 started crashing during interactive render. If I tried to start regular render, an unknown error pops up, saying that it is unable to render.

After digging into the scene, I found out that the objects with materials having corona distance cause these. When I hide these objects, it renders. I tested this on a bunch of scenes, the same situation - if there is a material with corona distance, it crashes on IR or gives error on render. Also just trying to change any setting in corona distance node can eventually crash the scene too. Any of these don't happen with fresh corona distance node created with corona 4.

Could you check if this is a general bug or is it just me? I can post a problematic part form the scene to reproduce this problem.

2019-06-25, 09:59:24
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

This issue has already been reported and we are investigating it.

However it would be helpful if you could send us your scene so we can check it's the same issue that's already been reported?

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID = 363152624)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-06-26, 19:06:48
Reply #2

kseniya

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 2kviz Studio
Hi Rowan,

I actually uploaded the scene through Corona site when I posted here and gave the link to this forum theme. Could you check if you have it? Or maybe I can upload again somewhere else?

Thank you!