Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088552 times)

2013-12-19, 10:47:16
Reply #150

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is posible convert forestpack materials?

I try this, but the scrip don't respond.

Thanks!

2013-12-19, 11:21:42
Reply #151

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks

What do you mean with "don't respond" ? The script normally runs very fast, so it shouldn't be taking too long.
The problem with forestpack is it's material slots. If you use an object in max as a geometry input in forestpack it's just fine and it uses the the material from the node (which will be converted). As soon as you drag a material to the respective material slot in the forest object it seems that it's not counting as a normal scene material and I got problems converting them. Same thing happens if you're using something from the library. Clear the material slots to force forestpack to use the node input material and everything will be converted fine.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-12-19, 13:05:49
Reply #152

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile

What do you mean with "don't respond" ? The script normally runs very fast, so it shouldn't be taking too long.
The problem with forestpack is it's material slots. If you use an object in max as a geometry input in forestpack it's just fine and it uses the the material from the node (which will be converted). As soon as you drag a material to the respective material slot in the forest object it seems that it's not counting as a normal scene material and I got problems converting them. Same thing happens if you're using something from the library. Clear the material slots to force forestpack to use the node input material and everything will be converted fine.

At first time I try to convert standard mats whit your script, and take a lot of time. Then pur Vray like render engine and try to convert the vray materials, this option take very low time, but the material conversion don't work fine.

Thanks, I try to make  your option.

2013-12-19, 13:11:47
Reply #153

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Even with lots of materials in the scene conversion doesn't take longer than 1 or 2 secs (most of the time you don't even notice the conversion) - so i guess there's something wrong. I didn't get any report like that before so I guess the error is somewhere in your configuration.
No script errors or anything? (in the listener field in the bottom left corner)

2013-12-20, 11:12:44
Reply #154

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, I don not see nothig ...

But now, I put my forest objects whith corona render active, and my materials apears like vray mats. Then I aply your script and works fine ...

I don't know what's wrong in my other tests. Now works perfect whith your system.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

2013-12-25, 03:20:31
Reply #155

ogneed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi DeadClown
When i tried to do converting of materials I got this error.

Update: Seems this happend on converting of simple vRay Light Material which was in Submaterial. When i remade this material by hands - script finished converting.
« Last Edit: 2013-12-25, 03:25:02 by ogneed »

2013-12-25, 11:09:54
Reply #156

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I assume you were using it with one of the last daily builds? These are not working with the script anymore since some material parameters changed. I will not upload a new version until the new public alpha is released, sorry.
(if it happened with the A5 or some older daily build this might be a bug though and i need more information)

2013-12-26, 21:26:34
Reply #157

ogneed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, now I see. Yes I used some last build. Anyway thank you very much for script.

2014-01-08, 21:07:43
Reply #158

T.Kick

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-01-22, 12:18:45
Reply #159

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Error -  unknown property "glassmode" in corona material
Also had an emission error on previous scene

2014-01-22, 15:14:11
Reply #160

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
As stated few posts earlier, the script does not work with the current daily builds.
But, if you want, you can send me a PM and I'll drop you a link to the A6-ready version. It needs some testing anyways ;)
Same is for others who want to try the converter with the daily builds until A6 is finished, just drop me a line via PM :)

2014-01-23, 10:19:53
Reply #161

Bertuchio

how to install this converter?

2014-01-23, 10:21:29
Reply #162

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-01-25, 12:16:05
Reply #163

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
It would be great to be possible to add this script to menu or assign to hotkey.

2014-01-25, 12:24:09
Reply #164

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I could do that, it's just 2 lines of code for a macroscript header. The problem is that people often don't know how to install them, that's why I chose to leave it a normal script in the first place (people can just drag and drop the file into a viewport). I think I'll simply add an instruction how to modify the file yourself :)

Btw, still looking for people who are willing to test the A6-ready converter with the dailies. For all who are interested: just drop me a line via PM.