Author Topic: NORMAL MAP 2  (Read 13586 times)

2019-02-04, 21:03:49

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Greetings to the group
I'm working on a product, beer, and I'm using normal maps to generate the drops.
But I see that the finish is not as expected, I do not get the detail of normal.

the texture charge in the normal CORONA canar, but it does not look good.

I did a quick test with the C4D engine and with Vray and the two give a good result.
What can be?

2019-02-04, 21:43:11
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Two most common issues with normal maps, are gamma and handedness. Make sure that your map is loaded with correct gamma and its green channel is pointed to the same direction that Corona expects.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-02-04, 21:51:21
Reply #2

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is how it is placed, what I see is that corona clarifies the normal map, compared to the orifinal texture it looks more clear.
Now I do not know how to work with the normal CORONA, I thought it was just to put the texture and ready.
is what I did with the cinema and vray engine, and I had no problems, using the same texture

2019-02-04, 22:13:19
Reply #3

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any answer to why in CORONA does not work in the same way as in the other render engines?
I want it to have details and a good finish as seen in the others.

I'm worried it's a job that I have to deliver tomorrow, and I would not want to be changing the rendering engine and doing everything again

2019-02-04, 23:55:49
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I can't tell if your map is loaded with correct gamma (i think it is), but i can tell you that it is right handed (or Y+ or DirectX). If Corona for C4D treats normal maps the same as in 3ds Max, then you need to invert green (Y) channel. You can do that in normal shader itself - check flip Y (green).

2019-02-05, 00:05:36
Reply #5

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't tell if your map is loaded with correct gamma (i think it is), but i can tell you that it is right handed (or Y+ or DirectX). If Corona for C4D treats normal maps the same as in 3ds Max, then you need to invert green (Y) channel. You can do that in normal shader itself - check flip Y (green).

ok I can invest, but !! it will give me more sharpness ?
that's what I want to achieve, but the quality of the bump is not adequate

2019-02-05, 10:28:22
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Most likely no, but it will certainly give you correct shading, which is far more important than anything else. As for shrpness, you can try to tweak image filtering in render setup or simply apply sharpness post processing filter in VFB or in post.

2019-02-05, 15:22:17
Reply #7

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you for sponder

that's wrong ... very bad, I changed the rendering engine to do this job.
I hope Corona please fix this error.
the map of normals is to obtain better nitidity in the relief

2019-02-05, 15:42:27
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't get it, what do you find wrong with normal maps in Corona? Is it lack of sharpness that you've mentioned? I don't think it has anything to do with normal maps. If you look at your last example, it seems that C4D physical render is much sharper because it lacks any sort of antialiasing - just look at the egdes of the bottle.

2019-02-05, 16:04:24
Reply #9

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Let's see!!! I did not come here to be scolded.
To get started on the C4D material, I put a normal cloth and I gave it strength and that's it. there the resluted.

Now I did the same with Corona and the result after waiting a conciderable time to render is not the same.
So!! what am I doing wrong? in cororona the map of normals works in a different way? .... is it so complicated to use ?.

If there is a way for the Corona to show the result of Physics, I would love to know how ..

The problem is sharpness. I want it to be clear, that if the shadows are not correct the normal one is reversed and ready, but !!! it's sharpness what I want.

Is hard to understand?? I already have two days writing and I think I do not understand.

2019-02-05, 16:18:48
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I suggest you to drop that attitude if you want to get help. I'm wasting my time in trying to help you and i have not a slightest desire to listen insults from you. I already told my opinion about difference in sharpness, whether you want to listen or not, is entirely up to you. Good luck and goodbye.

2019-02-05, 16:26:44
Reply #11

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
O M G!!!
I can not believe it!! Are you really wasting your time?
Serving customers is wasting time?
Well if not, do not answer.
It is not the first time that I see that in the Corona forums, users are treated badly just for saying that the results are not as expected with a CORONA.

The image I passed above physical and Corona is better than a thousand words.
I want to achieve the same result with Corona, it is difficult to understand ??

Well, it does not matter, I'm going to do all my work with another rendering engine and not have headaches.

Thank you for your kind attention and do not waste your time anymore than I will not lose mine either.

Thank you

2019-02-05, 16:33:47
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Romullus is not a member of the Corona Team, he is not serving customers, just helping other users. (He isn't employed by Render Legion or the Corona Team, and simply donates his time to help people, and has moderation powers in the forum as a helpful user so that he can manage things like moving threads around)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-05, 16:35:31
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm NOT a Corona Team member and i'm NOT affiliated with Render Legion or Chaos group in any way. I'm just a regular Corona user and volunteer moderator of the forum. You should not take my words and actions as Corona Team's position!

Edit: ninja'd by Tom, thanks man!:]

2019-02-05, 16:39:02
Reply #14

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On the issue itself, it does appear that there is no (or limited) anti-aliasing in the C4D physical image, as there are jagged edges at the edge of the bottle. You could try image sharpening in the VFB or in a photo editor in post, or you could look into changing the image filtering in Corona in the Frame Buffer settings, either changing the Type (not likely to have a big effect), or reducing the Width.

If you believe there is a bug, then we really do need the scene - to contact support here, see https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000033461-how-to-report-issues- which tells you how to reach Corona support, and how to share a scene privately.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us