Author Topic: Tiles playground  (Read 11194 times)

2024-01-15, 11:11:49
Reply #75

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Love this feature, hope it continues to mature.

As said by others a random mirror option would be really handy and hopefully one of the easier requests.

Ultimately a full tile pattern design editor would be fantastic and such a time saver. I really like how responsive it already is switching between the pre set patterns.

This would be my number one feature request for R12 personally.

2024-02-14, 12:35:49
Reply #76

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it right that the tiler dosnt work with bump? Doesnt work for me but the same node does work with displacement. Seem like a strange omission, so not sure whats wrong? Just a a basic white tile with a black grout. Tried adding a blur to help but its flat as a pancake. Displacment works fine.

2024-02-14, 13:14:13
Reply #77

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it right that the tiler dosnt work with bump? Doesnt work for me but the same node does work with displacement. Seem like a strange omission, so not sure whats wrong? Just a a basic white tile with a black grout. Tried adding a blur to help but its flat as a pancake. Displacment works fine.

Hi,

This is known and has been discussed here:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41757.msg220610#msg220610

For now, you can use CoronaBumpConverter to make it work.
Hope this helps.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2024-02-16, 09:48:46
Reply #78

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

This is known and has been discussed here:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41757.msg220610#msg220610

For now, you can use CoronaBumpConverter to make it work.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, sorry I missed that.

2024-02-20, 10:24:31
Reply #79

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Absolutely love this feature.
Is there a chance to implement herringbone, chevron, hexagonal and similiar patterns ?

Yesterday at 01:23:33
Reply #80

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Gradient ramp and Coronaedge dont works because they got a cross at the vertex that makes the displacement not so smooth.

You can make gradient ramp to produce more smooth result (see attached image and example scene), but i agree with you, this sharp corner doesn't look sexy in Corona edge.

Hey, any improvement to get this skill only usinf tilemap? some button to make square gradient close the gap, inside the tilemap shader, to aovid the work of putting two linear gradients mixed every time??
thanks!