Author Topic: rebuilding animated lighting in post  (Read 1975 times)

2016-11-22, 15:22:31

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Its been a while since i've had to try this but is there a way to render each light and then use post to animate them flickering on n off seperately from each other?

I've set up the light mix passes so that I have a pass for every light but when i compare them to the beauty its always missing a bit of refraction, reflection or a bit of brightness that the beauty has.

what i have is beauty as a layer to compare against. then all the light passes are set to "lighten" in photoshop (the other options were too bright or too dim, lighten is the closest i have found) these give similar results but there is a bit of reflection/refraction missing.

I've uploaded an example of beauty vs lightmix passes comped on very simple test scene. What is the workflow for rebuilding this correctly in corona? I tested with PNGs, would I be better off just animating lights in Corona, the idea was to have more freedom in post.

2016-11-30, 15:26:29
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for the lack of response here. I'm not really sure why it does not look the same as beauty. Are you using the "add" operation to blend the lights?
I will try reproducing this and see what might be the problem, but please allow me a bit more time. We are super crazy busy right now.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-30, 15:33:27
Reply #2

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for the lack of response here. I'm not really sure why it does not look the same as beauty. Are you using the "add" operation to blend the lights?
I will try reproducing this and see what might be the problem, but please allow me a bit more time. We are super crazy busy right now.

Hi Maru, thaks for responding.

I've kept playing with it. the ADD blend made it blow out massively. I was testing with png but they were actually only blending in 8bit mode. I switched to 32 and it is almost the same. there is still a small difference, it seems to be a sort of contrast difference. I cant seem to fix the small difference but it is closer and may not be a big problem. Though if there is a workflow to get exact same results as beauty that would be great.