Author Topic: Corona Subscription Update by CHAOS  (Read 19531 times)

2022-10-18, 12:09:20
Reply #30

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, Corona Render Nodes are less expensive than V-Ray ones, so a combined one wouldn't be about us making less money, it would be about our users paying more money ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-18, 12:16:50
Reply #31

ceasare

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For clarity on the Render Nodes, nothing has changed here - extra render nodes were dropped with the release of Corona 8, not with Corona 9, so it's been this way since April. That is, unless you were an existing user before Corona 8 in which case you got to keep whatever render nodes you used to have, and you still get to keep those with Corona 9 too so long as your Premium subscription remains renewed.
Ok, sorry for not noticing ;-)  I am a Corona user since Alpha but I had some payment issues in the last few months so I had to subscribe again and this could be the main reason for the absence of the nodes...  I don't render everyday
And I surely don't want to throw with mud about the pricing, cause I still think Corona renderer is the best I can get and you managed to make fast improvements with every version.
But in these days of crisis I already stopped my subscription of Adobe and switched to Resolve and Affinity...
I will give premium a spin first and consider going to solo.  One question though: how to get access to Chaos Scans?

2022-10-18, 12:29:55
Reply #32

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For Scans, the license is included, and there's no separate installation. To access it just add a Scanned Material (C4D) or a CoronaScannedMtl (Max), head to the Scans web page (there's a link in the material), download the vrscan you want, and load that into the material. Tutorial coming soon too, should be sometime this week. Let us know if you have any other questions before we get that intro tutorial out :)

2022-10-18, 12:53:51
Reply #33

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If my current license is an old Fair SAAS license, what tier is that equivalent to in the new licensing? Do i need to contact support to access Phoenix etc?

2022-10-18, 13:41:49
Reply #34

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If my current license is an old Fair SAAS license, what tier is that equivalent to in the new licensing? Do i need to contact support to access Phoenix etc?

Everyone is moved over to Premium to begin with, so right now everyone has everything. Only if they opt to swap to Solo will they lose access to Phoenix, Scans, and Player. If you were an old FairSaaS user, and kept your subscription active since then (through Corona 8 etc), then you also still have your render nodes. You'll have at least 30 days to decide if Premium is the right fit for you before any charge at the new pricing appears, so plenty of time to try out the new goodies! As a note, to keep the FairSaaS render nodes, you would have to continue with your Premium subscription specifically. Hope that helps!

2022-10-18, 16:00:53
Reply #35

DBK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3drender.jonathansabbadini.com
Correct that if you have an existing subscription, and keep it renewing, you keep the same render nodes (and pricing) that you currently have.

Our current long term plan is to keep the same price level we had from the beginning. We will observe how the details we are now changing work, and they might be adjusted based on these observations. So it is highly unlikely that you would see any dramatic changes soon, but we cannot predict what the future holds.

Last famous words? (>_____<‘)

https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-in-2022-new-features-visuals-licensing-and-more/

“All existing subscriptions (monthly and yearly) continue without any changes
If you have an active Corona subscription (or start one before the release of Corona 8) then we will not unilaterally change it — so nothing will change for you, unless you explicitly ask us to make a change. Your subscription will continue with the same conditions for as long as you keep it active, and will even include the new additions such as Chaos Scatter, Chaos Cosmos, etc.”
“Existing subscriptions Pricing, terms, bundled render nodes stay the same”

I suppose all this is no longer true?
Tom I also have an old FAIRSAAS, (annual, expiring February 7, 2023) according to the information received if my subscription is not interrupted (renewed), I will keep my prices (217,49 + tax, 234,24 Eur, 1ws + 3 nodes)

Everyone is moved over to Premium to begin with, so right now everyone has everything. Only if they opt to swap to Solo will they lose access to Phoenix, Scans, and Player. If you were an old FairSaaS user, and kept your subscription active since then (through Corona 8 etc), then you also still have your render nodes. You'll have at least 30 days to decide if Premium is the right fit for you before any charge at the new pricing appears, so plenty of time to try out the new goodies! As a note, to keep the FairSaaS render nodes, you would have to continue with your Premium subscription specifically. Hope that helps!

Can you please tell me if my plan and pricing is going to change and when?

My pricing and plan will not change unless I explicitly ask you to make a change?

I will have at least 30 days to explicitly “ask” you to make a change and then sit and watch my annual fee go Boom?

Thanks for all the info (but not for the fish).
Edited Font size ^^.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-18, 16:33:00 by DBK »

2022-10-18, 16:16:02
Reply #36

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That was a really tiny font, hard to read :(

Yes, the information was plans were staying the same with the launch of Corona 8, describing what was happening then. But as you quoted, we couldn't predict what the future would hold, and nobody could have predicted how 2022 worked out.

Yes, everyone's plan has already changed to Premium, with access to Phoenix, Scans, and Player. When your pricing will change will depend on several things, but there is at least 30 days before prices change, so e.g. if you are monthly then your next renewal will be at the same price as before, even though you already have all the benefits of Premium, then the renewal after that at the new pricing. When this price changes was detailed in an email sent to all customers, with the details specific to their situation.

My pricing and plan will not change unless I explicitly ask you to make a change?
No, everyone's plan has already changed, and everyone's pricing will change to one of the new Solo/Premium/Monthly/Annual prices as shown on the website.

I will have at least 30 days to explicitly “ask” you to make a change and then sit and watch my annual fee go Boom?
No, as noted, pricing will change. You have that time to decide, for example, that Solo is all you need and you can get in touch to ask us to move you from Premium to Solo so that when the next charge comes in at the new pricing, it will be for the Solo tier. Or you can not ask us to change things, and you will stay on Premium and then be renewed at the Premium pricing (when that kicks in, is detailed in the email sent to you).

Hope that helps clarify things!

2022-10-18, 16:21:45
Reply #37

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
PS I will also add the other info, which has already been mentioned, that free render nodes from FairSaaS (if you have them) are still maintained, so long as your Premium subscription continues uninterrupted.

2022-10-18, 17:03:25
Reply #38

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's sad to be forced to pay an extreme extra amount without any warning (30 days is worthless compared to the pricehike).

I can't remember any other situation where I have felt so screwed over as now - and that's comming from the Corona team - who had a reputation of beeing userfriendly and fair.

It's not only Chaos who's having a hard time now - it's also their users.

I don't like this at all, and find it totally unacceptable.

2022-10-18, 17:24:57
Reply #39

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's sad to be forced to pay an extreme extra amount without any warning (30 days is worthless compared to the pricehike).

I can't remember any other situation where I have felt so screwed over as now - and that's comming from the Corona team - who had a reputation of beeing userfriendly and fair.

It's not only Chaos who's having a hard time now - it's also their users.

I don't like this at all, and find it totally unacceptable.

Default moving everyone to premium plan is one thing, world-wide economic situation is another thing where inflation is spiraling.

While I do understand that people are upset about the price hike, Corona team runs a company not a foundation and this means it needs to be profitable and also has to struggle with higher running costs such as rents, salaries etc. You should probably take this into consideration.

2022-10-18, 17:31:34
Reply #40

DBK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That was a really tiny font, hard to read :(

Yes, the information was plans were staying the same with the launch of Corona 8, describing what was happening then. But as you quoted, we couldn't predict what the future would hold, and nobody could have predicted how 2022 worked out.

Yes, everyone's plan has already changed to Premium, with access to Phoenix, Scans, and Player. When your pricing will change will depend on several things, but there is at least 30 days before prices change, so e.g. if you are monthly then your next renewal will be at the same price as before, even though you already have all the benefits of Premium, then the renewal after that at the new pricing. When this price changes was detailed in an email sent to all customers, with the details specific to their situation.

Thank you Tom, i edited the font size.
The thing is, the only email I received is from Chaos announcing that Corona 9 was out, nothing personal or about price jump.
I already paid my subscription in February 2022 (expiring date February 7, 2023).
Phoenix is not available for me (yes .c4d user, sorry for the intrusion), but I will have the same price as those who can use it..
I'm unable to check out Chaos Scans because "Missing license for Chaos Scans materials. For more information contact our support." (Cinema 4D 2023).
I can't try Chaos Player because "Chaos Player was unable to find a License"In the license server I only have those related to corona.

I'm probably not premium enough.
I know that Solo is cool and Premium is even cooler, but personally I would have preferred FAIR ;).
Btw I have yet to warn my clients that I could not have predicted the coming of 2022, maybe I can take some tips from here, I doubt though that I will be able to increase my prices by 50% (or 100% if they want some premium content) so easily (^___^')..

Anyway, while I'm waiting, congrats on the new features!

« Last Edit: 2022-10-18, 17:42:07 by DBK »

2022-10-18, 17:54:42
Reply #41

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh something is not right there, with you not receiving the email notifications, and not having those licenses. I know it's an inconvenience, but can I ask you to head to https://support.chaos.com/requests/new and submit a ticket? Let them know the email address your license is under, and then they can look into your account and see what is happening, as you should have those licenses now, and should have received an email detailing what was happening and not just the release newsletter.

TY for the congrats on the new features, and we'd like to get you up and running with the other new features like Scans and Player too. With your renewal being Feb 2023, you should have access to those all the way up until then on Premium without any extra cost, as only at your renewal will things be on the new pricing.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-18, 18:12:28 by TomG »

2022-10-18, 18:32:49
Reply #42

DBK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh something is not right there, with you not receiving the email notifications, and not having those licenses. I know it's an inconvenience, but can I ask you to head to https://support.chaos.com/requests/new and submit a ticket? Let them know the email address your license is under, and then they can look into your account and see what is happening, as you should have those licenses now, and should have received an email detailing what was happening and not just the release newsletter.

TY for the congrats on the new features, and we'd like to get you up and running with the other new features like Scans and Player too. With your renewal being Feb 2023, you should have access to those all the way up until then on Premium without any extra cost, as only at your renewal will things be on the new pricing.
Done, Id #62141

2022-10-18, 18:37:41
Reply #43

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, sorry for the extra step, but that gets the info to those who can see behind the scenes and sort things out. Thanks for your patience!

2022-10-19, 09:28:18
Reply #44

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Done, Id #62141

Thanks, I can see your support ticket and will make sure it is properly resolved.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us