Author Topic: cosmos browser difference corona vs vray  (Read 3067 times)

2023-01-04, 09:30:02
Reply #15

rowmanns

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Sure.
But still this is beyond my comprehension - how external program, which Chaos Browser obviously is, cannot at least download some decals textures. It can download other textures, floors, walls, whatever, but not decals... I'm dissapointed with this situation, as well as with the changes to the licence. Not to mention the price increase.
I'm with Corona since non-commercial version but seems like this year will be the last. Too much "chaos" for me.
Hi,

Decals are not a material, and they were made for Cosmos in the V-Ray decal format, and this goes for most things in Cosmos. So we had to write an importer for Cosmos to import this V-Ray decal into a Corona decal.

This had already been done for materials and other objects in v8, but as decals were added to Cosmos after v8 was released it wasn't possible to do, hence why the support was added in v9.

Hopefully this helps you understand why it is like this.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-01-04, 09:46:36
Reply #16

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank You for the explanation, Rowan.

2023-01-04, 12:38:15
Reply #17

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Bear in mind with a decal it does not download just the texture but the decal object, which is why it doesn't work until a certain version of Corona. It would be irritating to have to download a texture, create a decal object, apply the texture to it vs. just having the object and texture download at once.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-01-06, 14:17:03
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There was another issue with Cosmos which happened to some of our users. Some assets were not showing up at all. For example, upon checking the Materials > Fabric category, some users were getting only 10 materials there instead of the expected 400+.
The solution is to simply update Cosmos. You should automatically get a message asking to update Cosmos soon after launching it from the Corona Toolbar. If it does not show up, try clicking the "three dots" button and then About. This should tell you that either your Cosmos is up to date or needs an update. Also please make sure that you are signed into the Chaos License Server.
If the above steps are not working, try stopping the Cosmos Browser by searching for "stop Cosmos" in the Windows Start Menu, and then restart it by searching for "start Cosmos".

Usually it is just a matter of updating, but if everything else fails, please contact us at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us