Author Topic: Nordhemsgatan 67 B / 360  (Read 11641 times)

2016-09-16, 11:11:29

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is a 360 Image of my project which was released earlier. On Facebook it works fine, I am not sure how to make it work on forums :)

Made with Sketchup, 3Ds Max, Corona :)

Catch me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/SachinMahajanVisuals/

Thanks and have a nice day :)

2016-09-16, 12:22:26
Reply #1

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
I saw your render on facebook and it's really good :) I like this style

2016-09-16, 15:35:02
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
These 360 panos are springing up like mushrooms, but personally I enjoy each one of them! :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-17, 01:07:27
Reply #3

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
These 360 panos are springing up like mushrooms, but personally I enjoy each one of them! :)

Yes, looks like it'll become a standard for complete 3d scenes in sales advertising.

On topic: Really nice, especially when you see it fullscreen. The floor could use some more texturing\shading to give it more depth.

2016-09-18, 11:28:30
Reply #4

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, looks like it'll become a standard for complete 3d scenes in sales advertising.

I hope not, a perfectly chosen point of view reflecting the "right moment" and light is telling much more of a short story then a 360 rendering which feels somehow soulless, with a lack of elegant "bellezza"

I know that many people will have another opinion, but for me it appears more as a VR hype, quite envogue , but more a toy for grownups with techaffinity.

Although this is one of the best 360 pictures I have seen in the past. But Dollmakers pictures demonstrate, that every image from the same scene, as a piece of his own novel, is more atmospheric combined with the aseptic 360version  ... imho :-)   

2016-09-18, 13:05:02
Reply #5

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dream on.
First time a client will mention "just a small edit", there's a bullet to your head... try to ad a human or a cat in, even adding flairs start to become a problem (you just can't composite a flat image onto distorted one). So first somebody will have to make post editing software work with distorted/spherical canvas. For the last 5 years this has just been a nice addition to established workflow (for anyone willing to pay more, which in reality are not many), nothing more.

2016-09-18, 13:40:41
Reply #6

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dream on.
:-)

good point just the phrase " just a small edit" makes me goosebumps.

...followed by "you have this small little plant in the left corner, it is a nice one, but...

2016-09-18, 14:45:42
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

I hope not, a perfectly chosen point of view reflecting the "right moment" and light is telling much more of a short story then a 360 rendering which feels somehow soulless, with a lack of elegant "bellezza"

I know that many people will have another opinion, but for me it appears more as a VR hype, quite envogue , but more a toy for grownups with techaffinity.

Although this is one of the best 360 pictures I have seen in the past. But Dollmakers pictures demonstrate, that every image from the same scene, as a piece of his own novel, is more atmospheric combined with the aseptic 360version  ... imho :-)   

Are we brothers ? This captures my exact opinion on this.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-09-18, 15:00:02
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Dream on.
First time a client will mention "just a small edit", there's a bullet to your head... try to ad a human or a cat in, even adding flairs start to become a problem (you just can't composite a flat image onto distorted one). So first somebody will have to make post editing software work with distorted/spherical canvas. For the last 5 years this has just been a nice addition to established workflow (for anyone willing to pay more, which in reality are not many), nothing more.

Spherical panoramas existed long before it gained popularity in 3D renders. Photographers been doing this for years and there's plenty convenient methods to edit 360 images by converting equirectangular projection to rectilinear and then back to spherical. And with Corona it's even easier - just region render with spherical camera mod and paste edited part in photoshop. No problem whatsoever.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-18, 15:08:49
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I've been editing some spherical hdri imagery past week, didn't find the methods exactly 'convenient' to be honest.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-09-18, 20:25:19
Reply #10

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, there are no convenient post-pro tools, yet.
Yes, it is possible to make anything, for sure.
As the mobile (phone) VR gets democratized & Adobe decides to make a spherical canvas then convenience will start to happen.
For now, best is being experienced with deep compositing and start dwelling into Nuke with Cara VR.

2016-09-18, 20:42:57
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
360 photoshop!
brb getting seed funding :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-18, 23:40:21
Reply #12

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Sure, when you get used to one simplicity of Corona, everything else feels inconvenient and cumbersome :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-19, 10:16:54
Reply #13

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
these are all just workarounds ( no cheap joke in this context :-) Adobe might offer sometime a kind of unwrap and my example with a plant in the corner might be easy to fix beacuse today everything is more 3d and less postprocessing with smearing around in photoshop. So rendering a region with another model is not such a big topic, but if it is throwing shadows all over the picture, it will be.

But this is only the technical part, I insist on my opinion 360 is cold, somehow trivial and feels "off colour" like Gaspar Noe´s - Enter the void, when leaving the dead body.
Just no charming story behind. 

Are we brothers ?
So yes and we must have been divided a long time ago, I already ranted at my parents. 

2016-09-21, 16:43:34
Reply #14

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I made it simply because my client was saying that his clients are asking for 360 and we needed a sample :) I am not a 360 fan.. and Yeap picture can tell a great story then 360.. :) But well.. if someone want it.. They goona get it ;)