Author Topic: Need help with render elements  (Read 3461 times)

2015-12-07, 21:42:36

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I have little to none experience with render elements and i'm struggling in completion of fairly trivial task. I have some object (teapot) on slightly reflective floor (plane) and i want  to compose my rendering from elements in such a way, that i'd be able to change colours of teapot and plane in photoshop. Ideally i'd like to be able to change colour of teapot's reflection if possible, but that's not critical.

If i render cessential passes linearly and add them in photoshop, i can get perfect beauty render. That's simple even for me, but i can't see how those elements could help me in my task. So i tried more advanced way with sourceColor and rawComponent elements as described here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,2557.0.html but i'm failing to combine them into beauty pass.

Any help would be really appreciated.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-12-08, 02:01:43
Reply #1

Adi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I rarely use passes so i don't know the proper way of working with them . But i can show you how you can use different passes at your advantage quickly with Photoshop (if that was the question anyway). I used screen mode for Reflection and Indirect pass over Direct pass.
So i just changed their hue to change the reflection.
For plane and teapot color i made selections with Masking ID and adjustment layers to change color.
It worked fine with this simple scene , i haven't tried it with anything complex.
Sorry if i misunderstood the question :)

2015-12-08, 04:44:09
Reply #2

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
misunderstood or not quick and dirty...done
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2015-12-08, 09:54:48
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks Adi, for this time i think i can get away with this, but i really would like to know how to combine final image from aforementioned sourceColor and rawComponent elements.

BTW, why do you combine your image with gamma? How can you get identical result to beauty pass from Corona that way?

2015-12-08, 12:47:10
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Have you seen this tutorial by Ludvik?
Honestly right now I cannot remember all the things he shows in it, but I remember something about having only reflections affected.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-12-08, 13:37:17
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, i watched it. But as title sais, it's about cessential elements - i have no problem with these. OTOH, i will watch it again, maybe it will remainds me something useful that i forgot. Thanks.

2015-12-11, 17:56:06
Reply #6

Adi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW, why do you combine your image with gamma? How can you get identical result to beauty pass from Corona that way?

You can't. I was just trying to show how you can use some of the passes even if you dont know the "correct" way of using them ( like myself ).

I have some object (teapot) on slightly reflective floor (plane) and i want  to compose my rendering from elements in such a way, that i'd be able to change colours of teapot and plane in photoshop. Ideally i'd like to be able to change colour of teapot's reflection if possible, but that's not critical.

I demonstrated how you can change reflection and object colour in Photoshop,i thought that was the question in the first place. It may not be the correct way of using elements but it works good enough for me. Also , I find it very fast.