Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

C4D Picture Viewer slowdown C4D with Corona

<< < (2/2)

masterzone:
Dear Jan, thanks for the reply. This issue doesn't happen with VFB in front of C4D Guy, this issue is only for Picture Viewer that significantly slowdown the Main C4D GUI when still open.

About the second question, here you can see the activity monitor when Corona is running and when C4D rendering engine is running (I disabled the Internal C4D GI engine due to a it's technology that doesn't use all cores)

About pictures, I have a 8 cores ->800%

You can see your self that Cinema4D takes more processor than Corona but doesn't Lag the GUI. The problems seems to be the continuous ping to the picture viewer by Corona Render...that send the refreshed picture to the window...the issue doesn't happen if you close the picture viewer window or hide it into the Cinema4D main GUI (for example if you hang the Picture viewer behind the 3D viewport...

This behaviour doesn't happen with Catalina...only with BigSur :( All my systems has a clean BigSur Installations...I have two iMacs with Intel i9 10-cores and 32 GB of ram, the problem still there on these machine as well...All after BigSur :(

ps: the Cinema4D run with 8GB during rendering on a 16 GB of total amount...so no problem about the ram...

mmarcotic:
Hello,

thanks for the info. I will log this internally but I wouldn't keep my hopes high, as this really seems out of our hands - I hope that you'll find Corona VFB just as useful as Picture Viewer if this goes negative.

Thanks,
Jan

masterzone:
Oh Don't worry, sure that I'm not happy of BigSur upgrade, I waited to install it but after all Im not happy...
Corona Render run smoothly anyway...I'm curious about Corona 7 Daily...If I have some free time I will try with it...

Anyway, Corona Render is the best piece of software and rendering engine ever...I work on CGI since 1999...

mmarcotic:
Thanks for the kind words, and best of luck in your future projects!

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version