Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Octane X

(1/3) > >>

frv:
Hi, Maybe not for this forum but the moderator will tell me.
Tried to install Octane X from the Apple App Store for C4D R23 on my new MacBook m1 to see if it is a faster alternative for Corona Render.
Well, after three days working with the Otoy support team and several links to different updates the plugin never worked. Could neither find any reviews of users that had it working. In the end I deleted my account at Otoy, won't be back any time soon.

The whole experience with Otoy is the exact opposite of Corona Render. From the start a few years ago Corona Render was a delight. I came from Maxwell Render btw. I really wonder how Apple and Otoy came to the decision to advertise a dead on arrival for the App Store.

BigAl3D:
I didn't know Octane was up and running, supposedly, on Mac. Are you using an e-GPU setup or is it now able to run on AMD GPUs? Just looked it up. Looks like it can run other GPUs now, BUT only the most current AMD GPUs and the latest Mac OS 11. Interesting.

frv:
Its available on the Apple app store for m1 mac's. But the C4D plugin doesn't install even though Otoy tries to make you waist your time on it. I asked them if they have seen it working on a m1 mac with C4D r23 but got no answer. I lost interest to be honest.

Beanzvision:
Even better reason to stick with Corona ;)

Philw:

--- Quote from: frv on 2021-03-23, 15:32:12 ---Its available on the Apple app store for m1 mac's. But the C4D plugin doesn't install even though Otoy tries to make you waist your time on it. I asked them if they have seen it working on a m1 mac with C4D r23 but got no answer. I lost interest to be honest.

--- End quote ---

The native C4d plugin for m1 isn’t ready. Not sure why they would say it is... I think it is currently a complicated Rosetta mess and a bunch of confusing press releases. So stick,with Corona :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version